• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Finally there is a little glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel :-)

Paula Garner

I received a phone call today from Mr Ahmed's secretary today, to tell me that they have got to the bottom of the delay with me getting placed on the waiting list.

I was told that There has definatley been a mistake and I should not have been told by the dietician in Derby that she was going to put me on the waiting list in September 2011, as my funding had not been agreed at this point.

Apparently Mr Ahmed was not amused, and the PCT and managers at the hospital have been involved to see how the mistake can be rectified. The solution they have agreed on is to confirm that I was placed on the list in January 2012, so I should get my surgery this side of christmas !!!!:D:D:D:D

So glad to hear this Paula! Fingers crossed you will know your date soon :)

I hope so Yvessa. Really speaking I shold have been treated by now, but it's a good compromise. Also If they had backdated it to September, they would have been way over my breach date, which doesn't look good for them at all.

Hopefully it won't be too much longer. It's really getting to me now and placing a strain on my mental health.

Aww fab news Paula, hope you don't have to wait too long x

Its a tough journey. But it will fade once you have your op and you are looking and feeling fantastic.

Good news at last :) Hope you don't have to wait long :)

Oh Paula how wonderful, I am so pleased for you, you must be so happy! About time . I know it seems a long time away, but it'll be here before you know it. Good luck.keep us all posted and let us know when you get the date of your op.

So happy for you. Won't be long now. Time to get excited :) x

I hope so Shelleymarie. It's been a long time coming. I started this journey almost three years ago now. I will be glad when this chapter ends, and the new one begins :)

So pleased for you! Will keep everything crossed in the hope it moves on swiftly and smoothly from now on.

Yes we could be couldn't we!! I told my daughter about having the operation a few months ago and she was really excited at the prospect of having a thinner mummy. Yesterday though she asked me what could happen during my operation. When I asked her what she meant she said "whats the worst thing that could happen during the operation" she's only 6! I was gobsmacked! I had to tell her though just in case the worse thing actually happened, but she told me not to worry unless Dracula was doing the operation!!

Oh bless her xx I don't think she has much to worry about. I have it on good authority that dracula is on his holidays then lol :)

They really need to improve their communication with patients at Derby. I'm expecting a months delay, as all the consultants are on holiday this time of year. But saying that, mr Ahmed's secretary said they operate on weekends to clear back logs, so you never know :)

Back