• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can some one explain band sizes?

missdmac

They have put a large band in with 1.4 fill. No one explained the difference. Now I'm hoping my friends in here can x

The surgeon decides which band is needed. There are two 'common' types of band:

The lap band system - which comes in different sizes, ie 7, 10 and 14 mil.

The swedish (realize) - mostly a 9 mil.

It sounds like you may have had a lap band and the surgeon decided you needed a large one - could be based on the size of your stomach, your start weight or just his preference.

You could aks your provider which applies when you go for a fill x

I have a 7 mil band in. Ask your provider next time you go for a check up/fill etc and they will be able to tell you xx

I have a large band and a jolly little card with an x-ray of it inside me, with what looks like barium passing through it. Must have been taken while I was out cold. It has the serial number, op date, etc on it. Most useful but I didn't know it was 14ml. Not had a fill yet, still feels quite tight though.

They have put a large band in with 1.4 fill. No one explained the difference. Now I'm hoping my friends in here can x

hi
my doc put in large band
i had gastic band 4th oct 12
i ask nurse and she said each doc use different sizes
i also had one ml [put in at time op, then last week had another 3mls put in
have to go back jan for another fill

kay

had op at dolan park
bromsgrove

mr super

Hi Kay I had mine do at Dolan park by my super on Sunday I feel ok not at all hungry but have been sipping water 1 shake and clear soup a day x

I had Mr Super altho via Healthier Weight, (what a lovely man he is!) we were discussing band sizes when he came round to check on me the next morning and he said he in most cases uses a 14ml band. With my provider they don't put anything in at time of surgery (even tho its the same surgeon as yours) and they aim to get 5mls in at the 5-6 week mark. They should be able to tell you tho when you go what is in there, they also provided me with a card, serial number etc relating to the band when I went for my first fill :)

Mr super did mine at Dolan park and mines a 14 mil one. It came with a teeny bit of fluid in (from when it was tested pre-op) but not actually filled at the time of the op. my first fill was to 7 mils, but that was when THG still did the first one under X-ray.

Mines a 12ml. Nothing put in at the time of surgery. Have 8.5ml in it now and its ok and the restriction feels not too bad.

I have a 10ml band with 6.3ml in. I feel i'm almost at the point where 3 meals a day is enough, with a snack between breakfast and lunch. I've lost 4 pounds in 10 days and i'm so pleased with my weight loss. I feel fantastic and I love my band!!

struzee it looks as though we both have the same questions lol. Have you managed to find out anymore about Belgium?

Back