• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can some one help

DIANAGRACE

I have been told that my bye pass will be done Feb/March, I was told not to put on anymore weight or get my liver any bigger, was looking to find out what foods to eat so I can lose a bit more weight thankyou for reading this.
DIANA:)

How about just getting a Slimming world or Weight watchers magazine and follow the diet in there x

i went on slimming world diet and lost a stone but tbh ull have to do the milk diet and ull lose on that anyway x

Ty ladys

he put me on 800 cals for now so maybe that will help, I cant wait till I get done, bet the time drags now lol, will chat soon

pre opp HELP!

Hi i am also due to have a band fitted in Feb and was told to try to loose 1-2 st , but as yet i'v not lost anything , i haven't put any on but i am now stressing that they won't do it . :cry:

HUGS Mandie

hello hun please try not to get upset as you will eat for comfort, try what I did amd that was 800 cals.
I eat cearal in the morning those little packs with skimmed milk just enough to wet thm, mind morning a satsuma, then lunch 4 ryvitas with fish or ham on, then afternoon a apple, and at dinner I have what the family have but a very small amount, and I only drink green tea, which counts as my water intake, hope this helps hun, you can add me as a fried if you want mandie and we can go through this together

Thanx, that would be great , i'm new to this so you may have to talk me through adding you as a friend , i have to perform a miracle in 4wks ,less really as i have pre-opp assessment 12th Jan! all help and advice is very welcome.x

Hi Mandie and Diana,

Ladies please do not stress out did you know that stress can hold weight on you too? Im nearly 6 weeks post op having had a gastric band and before my op I only managed to lose 6lbs, with some surgeons, especially mine, he really just wants to see your commitment to the future and that you are ready to work with your chosen surgery.

Since the the 10th of November when I started the pre-op diet I have now lost 30lbs. When I followed the low cal diet before the pre op this is what I had each day

Breakfast 125ml glass of orange juice, a coffee then an hour later 1 weetabix with milk which I left til it absorbed all the milk and it looked like a big portion (didnt want my mind to start thinking I was being deprived).

mid morning - coffee

Lunch 125ml glass of oj then an hour later tin of heinz veg soup or scotch broth I didnt have anything with it.

Afternoon - coffee

Dinner 1 chicken breast grilled with a sprinkle of those schwarz grill and sizzle herbs (yum) and a bag of steam fresh veg

Supper - Horlicks with left over milk.

Now it may sound crazy but I found the dieticians advice of only eating until you dont feel hungry anyore really weird but it worked as I always left something on the plate, she also told me to put my fork down between mouthfuls and to really just concentrate on eating and to become really aware of how I felt as soon as the hungry feeling went away I stopped eating.

I dont know if any of this is any use to you ladies, but I hope it can help, you have both made huge decisions to go ahead with surgery and you should be really proud of yourselves for taking control of your future, so you need to pull out your reasons from deep down inside and think of them, for me its because I want to have children, get married, feel fitter and healthier, go on holiday on a plane again to florida and not have to be shoehorned into the park rides, get a better job and numerous others, you got to keep the eye on the prize and as walt disney says "Keep moving forward!" Everyday is a new day!

Hugs,

Emma
xxxx

Hi mandie

we will be ok so many people on here to help, been trying to lose weight for years only to put it back on and more, so I chose the bye pass, keep your chin up hun it will be ok.

thanks everyone , i will be trying from today to control the urges , Xmas didn't help , but then its all about the excuses, or i'd already be slim !

Good luck to you both on your journey... I am now 4 weeks post-op from having a gastric band....

I lost just under a stone on my pre-op diet, which was a diet of soup & yoghurt.... ww soups are only about 100 calouries per small tin.... & are quite filling... (all docs seem to have their own pre-op diet)

But the message is have faith.... you will both be fine....

Dawn x

To Dawn and Emma

Morning ladys and a big ty for your letters both are helpful, like most of us I have tryed so many diets that I have lost weight on, only to put it back. I decided to have the byepass because I was so fed up with looking in a mirror and seeing a monster looking back.......... It has taken a lot of work and time to be offerd this op and deep inside I cant wait, I have 3 grandchildren all under 5 and I want to be able to play and run with them, at the moment I am doing the 800 cals and it seems to be not to bad, lol will let you know in a week if I lose weight. Once again ty for your support will chat soon.

Hi Diana

:wave_cry: i'm feeling more possitive today , how about you ? i have 4 weeks and intend to pull out all the stops to loose at least 8lbs, i would like more but that would be a start. Have you had your date confirmed yet? i got my pre op assessment next Tuesday (12th) so fingers crossed all will be ok.

Hi Diana i am going through this as well at the moment, except i haven't got a date yet they are saying maybe March, i am on the refeed diet, 2 pints of milk per day a main meal of 400 cals and a snack of 200 cals, for the main meal i have been eating a weight watchers frozen meal they are around 300-400 cals so not to bad.
Good luck with your progress, it would be great to chat again.
I love this group as everyone is so wonderful.

Back