• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hope you can help

DIANAGRACE

I am going to see my doc tomorrow to see if I can get my tummy banded, I have been on lipotrim so dont mind haveing a liquid diet for a little while, can some one tell me what it is all about please, so fed up with diets that in the end the weight goes back on, ty for your help
DIANA

Hi Diana,

I have had a Gastric Bypass, but have researched all weight loss surgeries. I can tell you the basics about being banded though.

With Gastric Banding, your anatomy is not changed, but a silicone band is placed around the top of your stomach to seperate the stomach into 2 chambers (like an hourglass). The upper chamber is very small and because of this, food moves through to the larger lower chamber very slowly. Attached to the ring, via a tube a port is placed usually above your belly button and below your ribs. This is where saline is injected in order to tighten the band and create a more narrower passageway from the top of your stomach.

Your diet after banding, will go through several stages: Liquid, pureed/ground and solid foods. A healthy diet is needed. Fluid is not normally permitted with meals or 30 mins before or after a meal.

As I say, I have had a Bypass, and I am sure a Bander will be along very soon who will be able to give you a better picture of what life is like with a band...and probably put me right on a few things..lol, I'm just trying to help!:eek:

Oh forgot, to normally qualify for this surgery, your BMI needs to be abve 35, or 30 if you have health problems associated to obesity. You also have to have tried other methods to lose weight.

I wish you luck with your decision for WLS,

Kel x

np, wasn't sure if private guidelines were different ;)

Hello Diana, I'm so Sorry i'm not able to post in detail just a bit busy at the moment but if your read the posts from me, Allicat , Alice and Neen were the banders on here and loads of info availablefrom all of us . Hope that helps for now. Any questions from that keep posting and we'll all try and help .Good luck for tomorrow !! xxx

Back