• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can someone please tell me what happens @ consultation????

emmarfrost

I have been booked into a cancellation slot for surgery on Monday 25th May, I am on my milk yog diet now, but my consultation is not until this Friday, as that was pre booked, and then earlier slot for surgery appeared.

Im with THG, @ Dolan Park, Dr Sig, and wondered if anyone can tell me what to expect at my consultation please, as have not go 1st clue.

Many thanks xxxx

i dont know what your clinic does my consultation was seeing a dietician to discuss my eating habbits saw surgeon to decide which op was for me and the nurse to discuss any other medical things be weighed etc if your op is that soon leave pleantty of time for consultation as they will have to pre op you as well which is usually mrsa swabs blood tests dietician again to discuss post op diet. your clinic may be alot different tho

Thanks girls, just wanted to know what to expect really, kind of thought it would be along the lines of discussion, weigh in etc. x

Hi Emma
I've just had my one and only consultation. The reason for that is i'm travelling over 200 miles for my bypass surgery booked for 7th aug. I got blood tests, met with consultant carrying out op who talked about band versus bypass, previous diet history( just as well he had time ha ha for that one) took my weight and explained what the bypass entailed, timescales and post op timelines. I have to get one more blood test when i go in for surgery and have been given a copy of pre op diet to start 10 days before surgery. Mr Ammori also gave me 45 pages of info on all i need to know and i'm free to call him anytime from now till surgery. I am going privately so not sure if that makes a difference. Hope that helps and good luck with your consultation
Allie x

Back