• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can the milk diet be done if diabetic?

Reenary

Hi,
I am due to start the milk diet on Wednesday and my husband wants to do it with me. He's type 2 diabetic. Is this advisable? I've read that those with diabetes who need to shrink their liver do a low calorie diet as they can't/shouldn't do the milk diet. Is that right?

Thanks in advance. X

Laaux

Hi,
I am due to start the milk diet on Wednesday and my husband wants to do it with me. He's type 2 diabetic. Is this advisable? I've read that those with diabetes who need to shrink their liver do a low calorie diet as they can't/shouldn't do the milk diet. Is that right?

Thanks in advance. X

Hi there,

I couldn't advise 100% but in my diet plan, I know there was a second diet option for diabetes which was a low calorie diet. My surgeon and dietician specifically told me that the milk diet is for liver shrinkage only and shouldn't be followed by anyone who isn't having the operation.

Hope this helps. X

FeeBee

I think I'm right in saying @Stevie D is diabetic and he was told he couldn't do the milk diet for that reason.

SAM55

I was Type 2 and was allowed to do the milk diet - in fact it never became a topic of discussion. HOWEVER, my diabetic nurse knew I was doing it, and we were able to discuss what may need to happen with my meds. I would STRONGLY suggest your husband speaks to his GP or diabetic nurse before embarking on this as my blood glucose levels went haywire by day 3.

FeeBee

I'd forgotten about that sorry @SAM55 :)

Bling Babe

I'm diabetic and I done the milk diet BUT as already said it was under the watchful eye of my diabetic nurse

Reenary

Thank you. I've told him to contact the surgery. It's not worth risking anything happening. I start on Wednesday! I baked with the kids today as I'm not sure I'm going to want to do that between now and school starting again! Got a babysitter tomorrow to go to my favourite restaurant and then off I go! X