• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

can this happen?

homedesiree

If one was to overeat - is it possible to stretch/split the new gastric sleeve? Feeling a bit worried ... I am 3 weeks post op and on pureed. I felt I was hungry, ate too fast & ended up eating too much & feeling sick but didn't actually throw up. So panicky that I've damaged my new sleeve :(

I'm pretty sure you won't have done any damage, just take it steady its so easy to slip into old habits xx

I think it is all too easy to worry about stretching or damaging the sleeve early on post op...I'm 6 weeks :)eek:) post op on Friday (that has flown by) and now on solids and have been for a few weeks. I found that when I moved through the food stages I got excited, forgot about slow eating, and then had the same problem as you....I have also suffered really bad twice from dumping which is so unpleasant, but as long as it is only the odd occassion and not a regular occurrence, I don't think you can do permanent damage so i wouldn't worry too much...try to remember to chew well and eat slowly as well as pause before taking the next mouthful...everyone makes mistakes post surgery so don't beat yourself up about it, just take it in your stride and learn from this mistake....best of luck for the rest of your journey :) xx

It's normal to worry about damaging your sleeve. I doubt you've done any damage by eating too fast.

I vomited when I ate too fast (it's happened to me twice since my sleeve 6 months ago). It's just your sleeves way of saying HANG ON IM NOT READY YET.

This is a learning curve journey - I'm still learning now.

I too worry I could stretch my sleeve or do damage, as even now solid or chewier foods are hard for me, they fill me with 5/6 bites. For example, in nandos I can only manage two wings and one slice of hallomi cheese. But my brain and auto pilot orders a 5 wing meal, 2 hallomi slices and garlic bread. Lol. Waste of food or what.

I'm still learning to order food and portion food to what my stomach can manage - around 50-100g of solid/chewy food and 150-200ml mushy food (chilli etc)

You'll be fine, the fact you're worrying shows you'll be great with your sleeve! xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back