• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The 'Say something nice' thread

Pookiedoodle

Totally in love with Mika
As I'm sure you all agree, there are some absolutely amazing people on this forum.

Without the help & support of some of the people on here, I know I couldn't have got through this & so I think we should all take a few minutes out to say something nice to brighten up someones day.

I have got 2 people who I would like to say something nice about & they are Neen and Mixxy.

Neen, you always take the time out to write a really lengthy & thoughtful reply to people, especially when they are feeling low and need advice. You should become the Mini's agony Aunt - you're fab.

Mixxy, you're pretty great too Mister. You've more than halved your body weight, you're working your way up to cycling round the whole world & back & your strength & determination amaze me, you rock!

You know what - I love this forum. I love that I can come on here & you can all relate exactly to how I'm feeling - something that nobody else could ever provide, not even my husband, who has been absolutely amazing, but will never ever get how it feels to be morbidly obese!

Thankyou so much to all of you!!!!!

:thankyou:

Well i think you should include yourself in this thread pookie!

You've taken the time and obviously realised how supportive the two great people are. Not many would take the time out to thank people. So way to go you xxx

Dreamofbeingslim Sharron. This woman was my absolute rock before and after my surgery. She kept in daily contact with me, even when I was in a low mood. She kept everyone updated on my progress when in went in for my op. She encouraged me, propped me up and was tenacious in her endeavours to get me through the whole experience. Woman in a million. I hope I can help her through her imminent op.
Fairyring UK Janice. Has become a good friend. We met through the site, we meet for tea, (will be lunch when we can eat!!) have some great conversations and she has helped me out greatly with the whole thing, she had her op about 8 weeks before mine and was on hand with advice and help through some of the pitfalls.
Purrdreamz Wendy, whom I also met from the forum. Dealt admirably with the whole thing, put me to shame. Funny great sense of humour, beautiful woman. Also a cat lover like myself. What more could you want.

yes i would agree with every word you have said there pooks i would also like to thank steph and neen who have both spent nights talking to me in the chat room and made me realise i can do this ......thanks guys.............. and mixxy was one of the first people who replied to my first post and made me feel right at home here. there many others of you lisa, emerging butterfly and zns you all been great too thanks xxx

What a lovely post xxx Thanks sweetums!
Though I adore pretty much everyone on here for being a fantastic support and total lifeline and it's really hard to pick individuals..I want to say a HUGE thanks to fellow banders MAZZA and CORALIE for being a great support and brave enough to follow my rambling diary! Plus JUSTLIZ who I hope gets her bypass done and sorted asap , Hope that RED42 is sorted soon too, because soo deserves it and STEPHIE for being a great fun gal and really positive...not too mention SHARRON (dreamofbeingslim) because she has always got encouragement for everyone xx Well I think this is probably the most friendly forum I have ever come across and damn happy to have found it too.
I no doubt would write out an entire member list if I could but I better not :)

I would like to say thank you to all the people who take the time to come onto the forum/read posts/reply etc........ Without that sort of participation the forum wouldn't exist. I know that people pop in and out over time but it is very reassuring to know that there are people who understand how you are feeling when you have a bad day (or good one come to that!). So a BIG THANK YOU EVERYONE.

I would like to say a huge thank you to EVERYONE on the forum as without all your support and advice the forum wouldn't exist, and where would we all be without it :thankyou:

I second Twiggie - in the months I spent lurking, waiting and worrying, I couldn't have got by without the inspiration shown by so many people here, and their support and advice. A special thanks to GLENVILLE who gave me his mobile number just before I went into hospital so I could let you all know I was OK - it meant a lot to know that I wasn't alone and that people cared. :thankyou:

I think that you all rock and are all really awesome people that deserve the very very VERY best in life xx
Steph xx

Gosh, what a lush thread.
I love the support on here, you just know you can say or ask anything, however daft and someone will come along and give you brilliant advice.....xxx

Hiya all

I have had so much good advice and information etc off all different people on this site, even the posts I don't comment on and I find myself thinking ...ooooooo I didnt know that and took a mental note and just clicked the thanks button. So for everyone who gave me any information/tips/advice etc I thank you all and no doubt I shall cross paths with them sometime in near future, and I hope I have been able to help someone in one way or another, maybe it was a shoulder to cry on or just mentioned a piece of information they didnt know to help them on their journey.

What a gr8 post and a gr8 chat forum this is .

All the best - MeJulie x x

I love that I can come on here & you can all relate exactly to how I'm feeling...
:thankyou:

That quite nicely sums it up, Pooks!

I would like to say thank you to everyone on here...as a pre-opper I have found the site to be friendly, supportive & an excellent source of information.

Threads cover all aspect of WLS, whether it be advice, emotional support, inspiration or a shoulder to cry on.

The input & participation of every person on here who takes the time to reply to others is greatly appreciated and is very beneficial as we are all so different & come from all walks of life.

On an individual basis, very few of us would have this sort of resource available to us locally, but here, it is wonderful to have input from so many who have had their ops and who willingly share their experiences be it good or bad.

What a wonderful thread Pookie. Thanks for starting it. I cant rep you unfortunately as I have obviously not been sharing the love enough but just wanted to acknowledge what a great thread this is.

There are too many individuals to thank that bring so much to this forum. There are people I look to for inspiration, and reading the forum always puts a smile on my face.

So a huge well done to all members of wlsurgery.com. We rock!

That's ok Sam, I just really wanted to start a feelgood thread which brought a smile to everyones faces.

I hope it's working.

xxx

im greatful for the whole lotta ya! this website is amaing and has helped me through every stage of my bypass, right from pre op.

Phatgirl was always around to help when i was a newbie, and im so greatful, even though i dunno where she is these days?!

and sam always has the time to add input, and tell it like it is, but in a kind way! As does Neen! But not just them, there are an ton of amazing people on this site... and i think your all bloomin great for different reasons!

.x.

I've been wondering where Phatgirl is too!

xxx

I would like to say thank you to everyone that has responded to one of my threads.. as a pre-opper I'm sure I'm asking questions that are either silly or have been asked thousands of times before & its horrible seeing lots of people have viewed it but no responses... so a BIG thank you to all of you experienced post-oppers who have taken the time out to answer my nonsense!! :D

Sambucca, Mixxy, Dottychic, Twiggie, TiarasandTantrums, Phatmomma.... to name but a few. xxxx

Thank you Tracey (Tyraboots) what a lovely thing to say.
Thank you Neen.

I would like to say thank you to all you wonderful people that have given me so much support over the last 14 months or so. Not sure I could have carried on the fight without your support and the support of my wonderful family. Take care all.

What a lovely post xxx Thanks sweetums!
Though I adore pretty much everyone on here for being a fantastic support and total lifeline and it's really hard to pick individuals..I want to say a HUGE thanks to fellow banders MAZZA and CORALIE for being a great support and brave enough to follow my rambling diary! Plus JUSTLIZ who I hope gets her bypass done and sorted asap , Hope that RED42 is sorted soon too, because soo deserves it and STEPHIE for being a great fun gal and really positive...not too mention SHARRON (dreamofbeingslim) because she has always got encouragement for everyone xx Well I think this is probably the most friendly forum I have ever come across and damn happy to have found it too.
I no doubt would write out an entire member list if I could but I better not :)

Aw thanks Neen x I would like to thank you too for your support and listening to my ramblings, also Sharron who Im sooooo pleased has at last got her date - she has given so much support to so many ;) All the people who were so kind to me when I lost my mum (too many to mention).

A special big thank you to Sambucca, Im sure many will agree that she is a very warm hearted kind, lovely lady who can also dish out a kick up the backside when its needed :D

There are people who were with me from day one who are no longer on this site but to them i'm eternally grateful as they guided me, met me and took all my calls as i got used to my bypass! Roch you are a dear friend to me and you have supported me in everthing some weight loss related some not so i thank you from the bottom of my heart for that. Everyone on here at some point has played a part in my journey and i love the support and advice i receive because without you guys i wouldn't be as confident as i am today. So a HUGE HUG to everyone and thank you from me xx

Back