• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Small steps .....

Boblatina

We have been having problems with our post recently because of all the recent postal strikes. This has meant we have been receiving letters from the hospital with very short notice or even late (eg my initial - and crucial - consultation with the surgeon arrived with less than 24 hours notice and this week, my OH's appointment for post-op follow up re his 2nd bout of surgery arrived the lunchtime AFTER his appointment :eek::eek::eek:)

This started me worrying ("What? Tilly worry? " I hear you say :rolleyes::p) What if my latest appointment letters hadn't arrived at all??????? :eek:

So I screwed up all my courage and e-mailed the surgery appointment team at King's. (I know it sounds stupid because I spend so much of my work life on the phone but I have a real phobia about using the phone.)

I have just had a lovely phonecall from the team leader of the appointments team who has confirmed that I am on the waiting list for surgery (which I knew but it is nice to hear it confirmed from someone else) and told me that my date will be set and I will hear towards the end of October or the beginnig of November at the latest.

From everything I have heard about notice times for surgery, I think that that means that I should have a date for the end of November/beginning of December. (At the outside, early January)

It is a small thing I know and you cannot guarantee anything until the operation is actually over and done but I am very cheerful at the moment :D:D:D (And if this is how happy I feel now, I expect I will be doing cartwheels when I actually have a confirmed date :party0049:)

Hope everyone gets a bit of good news today.

love

TillyBob

Last edited:
No wonder you are happy thats great news, and a relief that you havent missed it lol!!!!

Jay xx

And another thing too :D........ I have started a pre-pre-op diet this week and it seems to be helping a bit! I have lost 6lbs so far (5 days down)

I have been doing a 900-1000 cal diet with Slimfast to kick start things (will be going up to 1500-ish in a couple of weeks) . Eating lots of fruit and veg as well with my evening meal

It's not easy (I don't remember Slimfast being sooooooooo foul from the past :() but I have something to really aim for now.

BTW - I am finding Slimfast Vanilla blended with 100g of frozen Summer Fruits is the nearest to yum you will get. Lovely breakfast and as the fruit is only 26cal per 100g I am throwing caution to the winds.

love

TillyBob

Last edited:
And another thing too :D........ I have started a pre-pre-op diet this week and it seems to be helping a bit! I have lost 6lbs so far (5 days down)

I have been doing a 900-1000 cal diet with Slimfast to kick start things. Eating lots of fruit and veg as well with my evening meal

It's not easy (I don't remember Slimfast being sooooooooo foul from the past :() but I have something to really aim for now.

BTW - I am finding Slimfast Vanilla blended with 100g of frozen Summer Fruits is the nearest to yum you will get. Lovely breakfast and as the fruit is only 26cal per 100g I am throwing caution to the winds.

love

TillyBob

I find the ready mixed ones are more palatable, only draw back is they are more expensive!

I find the ready mixed ones are more palatable, only draw back is they are more expensive!
See, I am the opposite - I think that the ready mixed ones are worse.

Whizzing the shake up with a few ice cubes really helps the taste and texture (mind you, the chocolate still tastes like I imagine a barium meal would :eek:)

love

TillyBob

Thats wonderful news toend the week on.
Good luck with your pre op diet

Hi Tilly

I'm sorry I missed this very important post hun...had a lot go on yesterday (I've been posting mostly in my diary)...and you know how the threads here on Mini's end up on 2nd and 3rd page after 5 minutes...lol

But this is fantastic news...I'm so pleased for you...the timings sound about right...it's where I think I would have been if I hadn't had the blips I'm having.

It's a shame as I don't think will be wardies together but rest assured I'm going to take full advantage of my position by coming to visit you and make you pop your stitches instead...lol

Well done hun... congratulations...now you know It's really going to happen.

(((hugs)))

It's a shame as I don't think will be wardies together but rest assured I'm going to take full advantage of my position by coming to visit you and make you pop your stitches instead...lol
It's a date babe. I'll be the one in bed with the Evans nightie on. Oh, that's gonna be all of us isn't it?????? ;) (Apparently, Karlos looked particularly fetching in his :D)

Big hugs back at you

love

TillyBob

wow thats great news hun bet ya cant wait eh.xxxx

Back