• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cancled but not to sad..!

purplefluffything

Evening all, I had a call from one of the Whittington team this afternoon telling me my surgery on feb 8th has to be cancled because Mr Sufi is away..
Thing is I'm really happy at this because I was a little upset and even thought of canceling it myself because for one reason I would be having my op on my daughters birthday & I was feeling upset about this, it just didn't feel right!
Also the same daughter maybe passing out in Navy on the 11th of feb. I have been told at my pre op and by Mr Sufi to expect to be in a little longer than usual so I most likely wld have missed it or had to my op to go..
My op has only been put back a week its now on the 15th of feb and I'm admitted the day before on the 14th. So if my daughter does pass out I should be ok to go plus I will be here for her birthday.. It's an omen I think..!
Hugs xx

I always think things happen for a reason , im glad your pleased about it ... my daughters birthday is on the 8th too , good luck with your op xxx

Sounds like its all working out for the best! :D i'm really pleased for you!
I was offered a date a fortnight before for my surgery, but I took the later date so I could be at my brother's wedding. These things are important and a week or so is neither here or there in the grand scheme of things.
Grace xxx

Im pleased you are not disappointed in getting cancelled....its fitted into your plans better :D Good Luck for your next date :D XX

F.E.A.R. - For Everything A Reason. I try to live my life with this mantra - seems its true here chick. Good for you x

Such a lovely positive attitude. As you say it is only 1 weeks delay and you now wont miss the special events. xxx

My op was cancelled cos I needed an endoscopy.

It never felt right - but the date I did have the op did feel right.

Had my first knee replaced on my daughters birthday - and although she was 19 it still didnt feel right - but she pushed me into taking that date

Good luck - soon be here

xxxx

Thank you all for your kind positive comments regarding my cancellation .!
Angela my daughter is not a baby either but to me she is and I would have gone to theater so unhappy, now I won't have to..
Katkit, your right wen you say it's nice when a cancellation works for some of us. And Grace you are so right a week is nothing! I can now go to the passing out parade and be here for my daughters 23rd birthday told you she's my grown up baby ;) lol..it's my sons birthday a week before hers as well
so I'm there for them both..:birthday::bday::bday::birthday
Thanks again for such lovely replys to my post xxx
Hugs xx

I'm a firm believer in everything happens for a reasons that in someway will benefit us, although having said that I sometimes try and take control and interfere and try to rush things instead of let things take there true course. I'm pleased ur happy and the delay in your surgery. For many reasons you probably needed another week. I wish you all the luck in the world.
Xxxx

Hi Diana and all I just got my date today and it is 22nd February! I am so happy and cannot wait to get over and done with.
xxx

Hi there glad to hear you have your date and glad your over the moon..
Iv got nerves at the moment, I did put this on another thread..
Mr sufi called me again a few days ago and explained to me one day after operating on me he will be out of the country for a few days with his anaesthetist collegues, he said because I'm high risk ( I have a disability) due to the disability I'm on life long morphine through a morphine pump implanted in my tummy a catheter is connected to the pump the catheter is under my skin too with the other end implanted into where your spinal nerves are..
So mr sufi said the following week is best to operate so he is there the whole week ..
Has you can imagine I'm now terrified, had the word high risk not been mentioned I think I wld have had normal nerves..

sounds like you have got it all under control hun - they do say everything happens for a reason and in this case it must have been good reason. goos luck with your op - itl be here b4 you know it xxxx

He is good, Mr Sufi. as for the diet, they gave me the food one, and I need to start 1st Feb- I have to say that will be the hardest thing of all- Matchbox size of this and tablespoon of that!!! I don't know if the slimfast and soup diet would be better?

what is yours?

Back