• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can't believe how much better I feel after my de-fill!

wildthing

Well as it says I had a de-fill 3 days ago and stayed on soups and slimfast for a couple of days and today attempted my first proper meal in what feels like ages! I have been living on snacks because I couldn't keep more than a couple of mouthfuls down and have had constant heartburn but I thought this was normal restriction. I couldn't take much more of this miserable way of eating and couldn't sleep cos of the heartburn so had a mil taken out of the band and can't believe how much better I feel. Today for lunch I had a small salmon fillet with spinach in a sauce and this is the first meal I have eaten and kept down in months! It feels lovely to have that feeling of satiety in my tummy, a nice full warm feeling instead of pain after vomitting. Didn't realise how bad I have been feeling and just 'coping' with it til now. Just thought I'd share how nice it is to actually eat again and feel normal again. Also noticed us banders have been writing a bit neagtively at the moment, please hang on in there everyone, we will get it right in the end, with lots of tweaks on the way but I'm sure with a bit of effort and bit of help from the band WE CAN DO IT!

ooo im so pleased your feeling better and got to eat a 'real' portion of food, you must feel a million times better hey, its all about adjustment i think with the band xxx

Hi there,

Glad you are feeling better, you must be so relieved. Im glad about the burst of optimism also as a new bander I need to feel encouraged about what I have done to myself. We need to support one another.

Excellent. I'm really pleased for you :) I've been on soup etc. for what feels like months which in reality its been a few weeks, so you deserve a medal!!

Take care

That's good to hear ! Maintenance now then!

Back