• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How are you supposed to feel after first fill?

Ooo didn't realise that, have been bit stressed this week as divorce came through mid week, bet that didn't help then!!!

it sounds like you have good restriction im pretty near the sweet spot and cant eat that much but i can eat a reasonably varied diet it may be you have got restriction early alot of people have to have 3/4/5 fills befor they get to wear you are and get chance to get used to the different feelings of eating but if you have gone strait to good restriction it going to feel weird make sure you eat a good variety of foods and textures if you can . and if your sticking to simular foods make sure you take a vit tab a day

Thanks Serenitylove,

I am going to try diff textures starting from tomorrow, start experimenting a bit on what textures I can tolerate. Its really unpleasant what happens when you eat too quickly isn't it, would be embarrassing if you ate too quickly in a restaurant and thought it was all going to come back up!!!! Its all a learning process for me at the mo, after all its still only week 5.....

Hi Wildthing

I hope you feel better soon with your band journey.
Could I ask as still on mushys what happens when you eat too much or to fast? Are you sick instantly or could you make it to the bathroom etc?

Hi Baby Jayne,

When I eat too fast or too much, feels like its all rising back up my chest and that I'm going to be sick but I've never actually been sick, it seems to subside after a few mins but its not a pleasant feeling, makes me feel a bit shaky!

Hi Baby Jayne,

When I eat too fast or too much, feels like its all rising back up my chest and that I'm going to be sick but I've never actually been sick, it seems to subside after a few mins but its not a pleasant feeling, makes me feel a bit shaky!

this is the restriction "feeling" us banders experience and it shows your band is doing its job corectly. this happens when your food is put in quicker than it can pass through the band hole, try putting your knife and fork down between each mouth full and dont pick them back up until the previous mouth full has been chewed and swallowed, this slows down how fast the food is eaten and can lessen the chance of the backed up food causing discomfort x

Thanks Liz,

Will try and not too wolf it down so quickly today!! Hard learning new habits especailly when you're starving and it looks so tasty!!! Not worth having that horrible feeling for though!!

:) TIP... "savour the flavour, theres no need for speed "

another tip.....
Dont eat standing up!
it may sound strange but we all eat much faster if we eat standing up! so sit down preferable at a table and take your time :D

Just had jacket potato and prawns and ate it so slowly you wouldn't believe but it felt sooooo much better than it has been, think I've cracked it, am learning so much off you guys, don't know what I'd have done if I hadn't found this website. Think that 9 days after first fill, I'm finally realising how to eat with such a sudden restriction (think it was a bit too much for first fill but getting to grips with the feelings restrictions brings now). So feeling much better than first week so thank yo Liz and the rest of you too. xxxx

thats great judy, im pleased you have eaten with out discomfort, well done x

its great that you can manage prawns, ive just had egg/mayo light with chopped wafer thin ham mixed in, just a suggestion that would be great on a jacket as well. :)

just remember to go slow and you will be fine x

hi wildthing i have just managed mashed potatos peas gravy and 1/2 a sausage and i ate very very slow and i didnt have pain either im so glad as i became to dread meal times...ive also lost 8llbs since last saturday which im well chuffed about...have u lost any pounds????

cherry baby

That sounds nice Liz, I haven't tried any ham yet been sticking to fish. Cherry baby - great you managed that mash and sausage, I think Liz is right, you've got to eat even slower than you thought originally and it stops that re-gurgitating feeling. As for the pounds I have lost a single one for 2 and a half weeks so bit despeondent. Last few days I've been writing down how many calories I've been consuming and its about a 1000 so you'd think it would start coming off???? And to top it all I'm due on now too so that won't help!!

hi wildthing i have just managed mashed potatos peas gravy and 1/2 a sausage and i ate very very slow and i didnt have pain either im so glad as i became to dread meal times...ive also lost 8llbs since last saturday which im well chuffed about...have u lost any pounds????

cherry baby

well done cherry losing 8llbs thats great, well done x

That sounds nice Liz, I haven't tried any ham yet been sticking to fish. Cherry baby - great you managed that mash and sausage, I think Liz is right, you've got to eat even slower than you thought originally and it stops that re-gurgitating feeling. As for the pounds I have lost a single one for 2 and a half weeks so bit despeondent. Last few days I've been writing down how many calories I've been consuming and its about a 1000 so you'd think it would start coming off???? And to top it all I'm due on now too so that won't help!!

your body gets to the point where it thinks its in starvation mode for a little while because of the food intake changes, hopefully the scales will start to move again soon, have you got a small plate and bowl as its possible portion control can keep the pounds on. it took me a long time to get my head around portion sizes and because i was hungry i was putting to much out and consuming to many calories which stopped my weight loss for a while. exercise will also help even if its just say taking the dog for a walk a couple of times a day, thats if you have a dog to walk. :giggle:

good luck

liz x

Yea I've been thinking about starting more exercise now I'm nearly upto 6 weeks post op, I have been dog walking but not as far as I should have, infact my two choc spaniels are gazing at me as I type, I think they're trying to tell me something! Guess its up the mountain in a mo for me then!!!!

Back