• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can't believe it can be legal....

Mrs Quiggle

I've made cocka leeky soup this afternoon and and it's soooooooo gorgeous I can't believe it's allowed on my pre-op diet. What do you reakon.

1 cold cooked chicken. (no skin used) (reduced from £5.39 to £1.49 in the Co-op.
Water.
3 large leeks
4 large potatos
4 chicken knorr stock cubes,
salt and pepper and a sprinkle of milk powder.

Made about 6 pints.

I've liquidised some down to suck up a straw thickness and it's ready to go in the freezer when cold in hopefully portion sized pots (3 for a £1 in Morrisons) and I was going to have some over the next couple of days as one of my soups on the pre-op. The kids love it too so they will have it for dinner with crusty bread.

Do you think it's ok. I stripped the chicken and put more or less all of it into the soup, the rest went in the dog. It wasn't a huge chicken. And what about the potato. If it's not suitable I'll feed the kids and put the rest in portions in the freezer for when I'm on mushy foods so it wont get wasted.

Surely it can't be any worse than the tins of WW soup can it. Made apple sauce too to go with custard after the op.

Kate x

Sounds absolutely delicious :p Guess what soup I am going to make tomorrow :D

Hi sweetie, which diet are you on x

I'm doing 4 muller lite yogurts, 4 ww or other low cal soups, 200ml of milk for drinks.

If I were doing WW I would say it was about 1-2 points because of the potato and chicken. There's no fat or thickeners in it. I just puree a bit of it to thicken the rest.

Kate x

If you could swap the potatoes for sweet potatoes or butternut squash, you could halve the carb intake ;) and they also thicken the soup :)

Sounds fine hun, but i hate soup after 21 days on it lol x

If you could swap the potatoes for sweet potatoes or butternut squash, you could halve the carb intake ;) and they also thicken the soup :)

Thanks Alica. Can't swap the potato now but maybe as I have 12 more days left on the diet I'll just have one bowl a day for my main meal and stick to the WW soups for the other 3. I just don't like tinned or packet soups, they are always a bit gluey and gloopy. Love homemade soups though and they're so easy too.

Kate x

Back