• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

would it be ok?

BECKYBROWN80

i am doing the slim fast pre-op diet. my op is friday. i have one shake in the morning, a meal bar mid morning, milkshake for lunch and dinner. thats it other than fluids. could i have a chicken breast and veg for dinner tomorrow? no potatos but brocolli, carrots peas or something. i am really missing veg and would like a meal. i am on day 10 and have not cheated one little bit not even a crumb. whats peoples thoughts?
thanks xx

if its allowed on your diet according to the hospital then yes. Otherwise no. Don't put yourself at risk for a bit of food, hun, you will feel so guilty later.

its all about the protein...so i would have thought the chicken would be ok...

i personally would call the clinic and ask them....

on the slimfast diet...not pre op....you have 2 milkshakes and a balanced meal in the evening.

its depends on ur surgeon all hospitals seem different, all i was allowed was milk, yoghurt and a small bowl of veg soup per day. xx

all hospital and dieticians have different rules hun, so before you have the chicken, contact the dietician and ask if you can xx

My hospital would allow that. And you have a few days to make up for it. I would go for total minimum amount though. Maybe just a taste of each bit. I am terrible like that though.... maybe you shouldnt listen to me lol

I was definitely allowed to "mix and match" slimfast with low calorie meals as long as I kept below 1000 calories. So I had slimfast for breakfast and lunch (puke), lunch I added a green salad with no calorie dressing, then for supper I had a piece of chicken no skin, and a pile of veggies; be careful with peas though, they are starchy and could tip your calorie intake above the line. Broccoli, cauli, cabbage, carrots, no starchy veg and salad, should be fine, but check with your bariatric dietitian.

I am an all or nothing type of girl (thats what got me where I am lol) and would want to go into my op knowing I had done my pre op to the letter. This is because if for some freaky reason my liver had not shrunk enough, I could put my hand on my heart and know I had done all they had said.

But thats just me. Food is not worth the risk imho.

Check with your provider is the best advice I can give you,if its not on your pre op diet sheet then No don't eat it , it just isn't worth the risk.. x

Its all about protein and slim fast has quite a lot, i was allowed 1 weetabix for breakfast with skimmed milk, veg soup for lunch and 1 chicken breast or 4 slices of ham with veg no potatoes or pasta etc for dinner.

i had the low calorie one because had to get protein in so had chicken most nights as its low fat and high protein but i woulod check first better safe than sorry x good luck on wed

Fuffs said:
I am an all or nothing type of girl (thats what got me where I am lol) and would want to go into my op knowing I had done my pre op to the letter. This is because if for some freaky reason my liver had not shrunk enough, I could put my hand on my heart and know I had done all they had said.

But thats just me. Food is not worth the risk imho.

Me too I could mix and match but know if I started having a lil bit of food ild have to have more and more, I had the choice of milk and yoghurt, slim fast, low carb diet or a mix of the low carb and slim fast I chose milk and yoghurt that way I couldn't go wrong cus that's all I was allowed id I was allowed food I would of cheated I know I would of!! X

Thanks everyone. The reason I chose the slim fast was so that I could not go wrong! And I havnt which I am very proud of! Lol yesterday was a tough day for me. I found myself being really ratty and snappy and didn't like it at all. Tried to wake up more positive thinking this time next week I will be on the losers bench. Thanks everyone for keeping me in check xx

Only four sleeps to go....... wowsers. glad you stayed on track though. Thats why i think the slimfast option is the one best for me. I dont think it will be as tempting to have the naughty stuff xxx

Thanks everyone. The reason I chose the slim fast was so that I could not go wrong! And I havnt which I am very proud of! Lol yesterday was a tough day for me. I found myself being really ratty and snappy and didn't like it at all. Tried to wake up more positive thinking this time next week I will be on the losers bench. Thanks everyone for keeping me in check xx

Well done!!!! You have done so well to get past it! Not long now :D Woohoo!! x

BECKYBROWN80 said:

Won't b long chick well done u its so hard to stay on track but u have do that's fab, we all have our down days xxxx

Hey Becky, I've just had my pre-op assessment and asked that very same question and the nurse said that she wouldn't advise it. I'm glad you stuck to the slimfast.
That's the one that I'm going to go for. I'll start it next week as I still need to lose a fair bit before I get to the target weight which was set for me.

All the best for Friday.

hi agnes how have you been? did they give you any idea of a date? getting close for you now xx

My date is feb 14th. So I'll be doing the slim fast for 4 weeks. Eek!
I've been battling with losing the agreed weight and failing miserably. Christmas/new year was a nightmare. I still have 2 stone to go but if I manage to stick to it I should be fairly close. I'll be so relieved when I'm as close as you are.

How are you doing? Are you all set?

Back