• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric sleeve post surgery problems

Poor you. You have really been through the mill. I hope it gets sorted soon to relieve your discomfort. I had complications immediately post-op after a bypass. Had open surgery 2 days later to untwist my bowels which if left, could have gone gangrenous and killed me! I am now perfectly fine 14 weeks post op but the recovery has been long and slow. I developed lots of complications following 2nd surgery including paralytic ileus (not pleasant), chest infection and wound opening up due to constant vomiting. Took 10 weeks to heal. I spent a long time feeling sorry for myself and thinking I was the only one. But things do go wrong for some but you do get better. I was NHS as well and they were very thorough. I know it's no consolation but the doctors want to make you better! I am 4 stone down and would never go back. Glad I had the bypass now although, when I was ill, I was full of regret. Time is a great healer. Hoping you're soon on the road to recovery x
thank you for your post. My experience seems so insignificant to yours, it must have been dreadful. I am so glad you are getting better and lighter! Unfortunately I was unlucky but feel lucky that I now have a fantastic consultant looking after me and I have every confidence in him. Thanks for your good wishes. Keep up the good work and keep healing. Lynne x

What an awful experience, and certainly not the start to your journey you were expecting. I can only admire your positive attitude. Fingers crossed that the stretch works and all the best for a speedy recovery xx

How you doing now Lynne, how did the stretch go? Hope your doing ok x
I had the stretch yesterday and so far so good. I re started on purée at tea time yesterday but started vomiting at 6.30pm, that could just be the aftermath of the general I had. I stay on purée until Friday then try soft food, if I can't manage the soft food I go back to purée. I see my consultant again next week, however the nurse said his clinic was already double booked. So will gave to see if I get an appointment. Thanks for you good wishes, I will keep you updated. Lynne x

Back