• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can't eat pasta!! can any other bypassers let me know how they manage!

tammy

Post-op Gastric Bypass
Hi I'm 8 weeks post op now and have been trying pasta over the last few weeks it will not go down at all! how are others managing? thanks

Hiya!

I had a can of Heinz vegetable soup y'day and managed the pasta in that without any problems.

However, it was super soft. Sorry I can't be of more help... I'm only 9 days post op!!!

Hope you find help with it soon

x

Last edited:
Hi Tammy,
I'm 8 weeks post op too. I can eat a little pasta, but make up the bulk, if you can call it that, with protein veg and cheese. Like Ollie said, cook it until it's really soft and have lots of sauce and other things with it to coax your body to accept it. Maybe have a piece of lasagne or bolognese where the pasta makes up only a part of the meal. Keep trying. I would personally love some pasta'n'sauce, the batchelors packet, but I know that it is too much pasta in one go, even if I have my tiny portion size. Whatever you do don't have just pasta and make sure there's sauce with it at least to make it moist.

thanks will keep perservering think ihave talked myself into thinking things will make me puke that i stuggle even to swallow it. pasta and sauce yum yum used to love that on slimming world will give it a go!

Back