• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sorry about this but starting to worry am i bein silly?

pinkylin

i went for my assesment last week and even though the surgeon i seen said i will be getin op in about 8wks ime starting to worry a lil bit thinkin they will say no to my op coz i told em im currently on slimming world diet will this make a differance will they do a report to the pct and then the pct who have already said yes to my funding change ther minds and say no or am i just worrying for the sake of worrying.

I think maybe the reason im feeling like this is because 1 i dont think im worth it to have op and 2 i only asked for this in june this year and there has been peeps waiting for years for this op so i feel like ive cheated some how when i hvnt i knw its all down to what area you live in and some are luckier than others but i still feel like its all gone to smoothly is this nirmal to feel this way?am i bein stupid? lin.x

i wont say your being stupid at all lin, and dont feel guilty about getting your op so soon feel on top of the world that your new life will start very soon, and that you can come back on here and put thoses peeps waiting for the op at ease knowing your sharing all the ups and downs of your wls journy x chin up babe x

ahhhhh thank you so much girls im sit here cryin now lol coz ur all so lovely.

My heart brakes for those of you who have got to wait so long its not fare and it makes me bloody angry too why do some pcts insist on makin some peeps wait so long its not funny and it heart brakin for those peeps it affects.

On the not so godd side on my half my diet has well and truely gone out the window since my meeting last week and ive got to pull it back ad get back on it coz i want to lose as muc as i can on my own b4 my preop diet which im glad to say is food not milk woop woop but its practically no carbs lol never mind its better than just liquid isnt it still not lookin forward to it tho thanx again girls your all angels on here and a life saver lin.x

i went for my assesment last week and even though the surgeon i seen said i will be getin op in about 8wks ime starting to worry a lil bit thinkin they will say no to my op coz i told em im currently on slimming world diet will this make a differance will they do a report to the pct and then the pct who have already said yes to my funding change ther minds and say no or am i just worrying for the sake of worrying.

I think maybe the reason im feeling like this is because 1 i dont think im worth it to have op and 2 i only asked for this in june this year and there has been peeps waiting for years for this op so i feel like ive cheated some how when i hvnt i knw its all down to what area you live in and some are luckier than others but i still feel like its all gone to smoothly is this nirmal to feel this way?am i bein stupid? lin.x

Yes you are being silly!....only joking but what you are feeling is probably nerves.

I'm sure any sensible way to lose weight from now till the pre-op diet can only be seen a s a good thing...so I would not worry about that...You'll probably get a pat on the back for that.

Please don't feel guilty for getting your operation...the fact that you are getting it and getting it soon is good news not just for you, but it gives hope to all of us just knowing that WLS on NHS is improving....even though not all areas are the same, eventually they will all have to fall in line with each other some day.

We are all here cheering you on and although some of us have a longer wait, the one thing we all can't wait for is "you" coming back from your surgery and telling us how it all went....it's what keeps us all going.

So congratulations and well done...You will be fine!

(((hugs)))

I'm worried too!

I have my first appointment tommorrow morning and was thinking the same things. I have been told op will be done within 6 weeks from my last appointment which was 14th September.

My appointment tommorrow is with the nurse.

Has anyone been told no when it gets to this stage even though funding has been granted ?:confused:

hiya hazeybabes82 i dont think u will get refused hun coz like ohers have just sed to me if funding is in place its all goin through i think wer just worryin for the sake of worryin lol

Thanx again guys i dont know what i would do if it wasnt for you all i spose bein hormonal right now is not helpin things is it ?

Hi Pinky

If there is anyone here (and I hope there isn't) who resents you for having a swift and smooth referal and op then that says more about them than it does about you.

Sure it's frustrating playing the waiting game but like Snow says it makes us all feel a little closer to our own ops when we see the successes of others and motivates us to carry on.

Oh and RE being on a diet, it will strengthen your case for surgery as you are showing a lifelong commitment to losing weight, just make sure you dont lose weight too rapidly ;)

Good luck and try not to stress Xx

Hi Pinkylin
Try to stop worrying i know its not easy but no one should be giving you a hard time its your PCT who has determined when you are having surgery and you certainly haven't got anything to feel guilty about. It is probabaly nerves starting to kick in i was like that and for a while thought i was going mad lol. Big hugs all will be fine x

thanx swizzle thanx allie i took myself of to bed for it bit to get away from my own thoughts and stresses lol feel a bit better now but thats down to all you lovely ladies on here so a big thank you once again from me you really helped me lin.x

under the nice guidelines with a BMI of over 50 you qualify for immidiate surgery. No your not being silly and any weight you get off before surgery make yr surgery safer. Try and up yr activity level as well withing safe limits that will also help.
take care
carole

thanx carol im goin to start walkin every day with the dog poor things not been out for a walk in ages coz ive just been in touch much pain with my feet and knees but ive got gel pads for feet no and ibrufen for my knees so im goin to take him for a walk everyday so that should help i think lin.x

Chill out hun you will be fine,you deserve the op as much as anyone else.So our journeys differ,we all get to the same place eventually! Maz x

thanx maz hope all goes well on friday hun.xxx

Hi, Lin,
I think the general feeling on here, is try not to lose too much weight in case you jeopardise your funding.
I don't think you should feel guilty at all about how quickly things have move along for you. Yes, some people do wait longer than others, but that often depends on the area you live in. Don't worry!!! x

thanx wwb i just hope with me bein off my diet for a few days that i havnt put on to much as i think this wouldnt go down to well either lol

tar gaynor feel a bit calmer today lol.x

Back