• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I can't stop eating!

OHHH give me a bucket. The though of anyhing sweet gets me heaving. The sweetest i have done is a scone. Even full fat milk is tooo sweet.

Today I have eaten...

Breakfast - Muller light and grapes (taking your advice for a more substantial breakfast)
Snack - half a cereal bar
Lunch - Sunday dinner (all vegetables).
Snack - half a cheese scone with butter on.
Tea - very thick vegetable soup with some chopped quorn sausages.
and I am currently snacking on some grapes while watching tv.

I didn't do too well on the solid food only front today, a few too many sloppies. And I have been starving for most of the day too as you can see by the snacks!

I am not sure how tomorrow is going to go, I am probably going to have a long day at work. I am starting at 645am so won't be able to eat beforehand (too early), and once at work the only option really is toast. I will maybe take some cheese and grapes?

Lunch will be hard too. But I am hoping hubby will bring me a salad, otherwise I will end up with a cup a soup. I did buy some instant miso soups, which have more protein in them to normal watery soups, just in case.

I just wish I could make the hunger stay away. After so many months with no hunger it is really hard to get used to.

Fingers crossed for a better week. I get weighed monday evenings, it will be lovely to get some good news from the scales tomorrow.

Rx

Have wholemeal toast Sue at least it's filling! Hope you have a better week and fingers crossed for your weigh in, let us know how it goes xxx

Very weirdly, it said I had lost 5lb! I don't believe it, as it doesn't match up with what my scales say, but it's still good news.

I am struggling with not eating wet food. Yesterday I had 1 slice wholemeal toast for breakfast, 2 cheese triangles for lunch, scrambled egg at 3pm, mince and dumpling at 9pm, then grapes about 10pm. Today I have had 1 slice wholemeal toast with marmite for breakfast, lunch 2 ryvita with margarine and marmite, and I have spinach and ricotta canneloni in the oven for tea.

Fingers crossed it carries on.

Rx

Thats better!! Really hope it continues xxx

Thanks! I am still really hungry and trying to adjust to that. I am jealous of people who are newly post op, and wish that I had taken more advantage of the restriction I had back then.

Rx

Rose I could have written your original post myself, I had my first gain last week as well, 2lbs (although to be fair, it was also totm). The cravings and hunger have both hit with a vengeance the past couple of weeks and like you even the 2lb gain wasnt enough to set me straight. I also think I may not be eating enough through the day, I worry as I have restricted mobility that I dont burn as much off as others do so have this barrier in my head that less excercise means less food but of course thats not necessarily true.

I did think when looking at what you were eating that maybe you needed more protein, I know I struggle to get it in and Im not vegetarian, I sort of like the softish foods you do to.

Im glad your feeling more positive, funnily enough, I do today too, but it is early in the day and I'm naturally a 'late' eater too so I hope the day continues as it started :)

Oh Tyra choc is my drug too, have had to banish all the easter eggs for family to my sons room as I noticed I was sneaking some, not a lot but it was getting more often, think I am going to have to be one of those people who has to banish it completely.

Just wanted to let you know you are not alone

Take care Xx

Last edited:
I haven't had a period for months. I had 2 quite close together after surgery but I haven't had any since then so I guess that's possible. But if that were the case I would expect that it would last a few days, it's getting on for 2 weeks now.

I actually hope that is the cause!!

R x

I just thought I would let you know my experience where this sort of thing is concerned.

I have PCOS and my periods are VERY irregular. For years I have been on a combination pill and so had a monthly withdrawal bleed but I decided to come off it last summer because I was aware of interactions with depression. Since I came off the pill I have not had a period which is about 7 months and now have prolonged periods of pre menstrual hormonal problems. One of these is increased appetite and it can last for up to a month at a time! It took me ages to put the two things together but my sister is in a similar position and was advised by her Dr about it.

HTH

PS well done on the weight loss. Seems all you had to do was stick at it!

Rose I could have written your original post myself, I had my first gain last week as well, 2lbs (although to be fair, it was also totm). The cravings and hunger have both hit with a vengeance the past couple of weeks and like you even the 2lb gain wasnt enough to set me straight. I also think I may not be eating enough through the day, I worry as I have restricted mobility that I dont burn as much off as others do so have this barrier in my head that less excercise means less food but of course thats not necessarily true.

I did think when looking at what you were eating that maybe you needed more protein, I know I struggle to get it in and Im not vegetarian, I sort of like the softish foods you do to.

Im glad your feeling more positive, funnily enough, I do today too, but it is early in the day and I'm naturally a 'late' eater too so I hope the day continues as it started :)

Oh Tyra choc is my drug too, have had to banish all the easter eggs for family to my sons room as I noticed I was sneaking some, not a lot but it was getting more often, think I am going to have to be one of those people who has to banish it completely.

Just wanted to let you know you are not alone

Take care Xx

Hi, thanks for this message, it's nice in a way to know that I am not alone, but also don't want to think of someone else going through this, so I hope you are ok and that your day continued well.

It's very odd isn't it, this hunger lark?! I have had a bad day today, feels like I haven't had the op at all as I have been so hungry. After realising i had lost 100lb this morning, it's a bit deflating. I am off to bed for an early night to stop me eating the cupboards bare.

Here is a run down of what I have eaten today so you can see why I am disappointed with myself:

Breakfast: cereal bar
lunch: bag of quavers
mid afternoon: yogurts
Tea: left over canneloni
an hour later: more canneloni
an hour later: a large bag of crisps
now: grapes

4 black coffees, 500ml water.

Want to go and cry now!

Rx

Hi Rose, looking at your first post I thought you might be lacking in protein (which makes you fuller for longer). Have you tried quorn? One the other things I found when I was diabetic was that vegetables used to trigger a blood sugar rush in me - couldn't work out why until I found out that veggies do contain carbs - especiallys onions, carrots and tomatoes so if you are eating lots of veggies it could be the reason why you are constantly hungry.

Back