• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Start pre-op diet tomorrow!

minxie

Can't believe that my bypass is in 2 weeks time:eek: Tomorrow I start my pre-op diet which is low carb, low fat, high protein.

Each day I can have

Breakfast - either a slimfast shake, or 2 eggs
Lunch - a bowl of consome or oxo (yuk!)
Dinner - steamed or grilled chicken breast or white fish with veg or salad

Can't say I'm looking forward to it lol. Not sure whether the milk diet looks more appealing but maybe its a case of the grass being greener:p

Hurry up 21st!

Thank you. Today is day one and I keep reminding myself what it's all about and what risks I am taking if I don't stick to it 100% this week.

I've said goodbye to all the rubbish food I've spent all my life eating, and saying goodbye to all my extra large clothes lol.:wave_cry: A couple of years ago I lost about 35lbs and gave away lots of clothes and then had to buy more when the weight came back:cry: - it's hard to get my head around the fact that I CAN give them away and wont need to replace them with big clothes but SMALLER ones:D

Bypass here I come!:p

This is day 13 of my milk pre-op diet,as I started it two days earlier I have 3 more days to go. Untill day 5 I kept reminding myself that without going through this diet there is no other ways to get this op,even if I fail it this time I'll have to do it later again,therefore there is no point to waste the time by failing it. Can say that it isn't hard if you really want this operation.Best of luck to everyone who is on this diet right now or getting ready for it,YOU CAN DO IT !!! xxx

Right behind you xxx

:hug99: Minxie.....
Just wanted to say good luck sweetheart with your Pre-op diet, I am sure you will manage well, once the first couple of days are over......it will become easier..... and as everyone is saying no matter what, this is the one thing we HAVE to do, to enable us to have our ops....
The weekend you have your surgery (21st aug??) is the weekend I start my pre-op diet, my surgery is a fortnight after yours... so I shall be stalking you for want of a better word.. LOL....
I wish you well sweetheart.... :)
Big Hugs
S xxxx

Honestly Minxie, you will be fine...stay focused on what lays ahead in two weeks time and the reasons why you are doing this; it will be here before you know it.

Love Poppy x

yes_you_can.png
thumbsup.gif

Tbh, that sounds great to me - I hate milk so I'm really hoping I don't get that one *lol* Is that all you're allowed - no fruit with it?

Hope it's going well. It'll be your op day before you know it !
xx

Day 3, op in 12 days

:)Hi everyone, now on day 3 and to be honest I've not struggled at all. I forgot to say that I can have a couple of pieces of fruit as well and they help "plug the gaps" so to speak. It's great to think that any weight lost during this time will NEVER EVER come back:D

It's so great to have all your support, it makes me realise we are all in this together! Sarah, I don't mind a stalker, lol:8855:

Hiya, I too will be doing the milK diet and two pieces of fruit is not a lot to what I eat at the moment, but this is all going to change anyway. I have been told that I can eat sugar free jelly too and I think (without looking at my book as it isn't with me) three portions of veg a day - a very small stir fry :). Good thing I like milk though.

Keep up the good work and keep us posted as to how you are doing. xx

Last edited:
Way to go minxie, it's the start of something great xxx

Hi ya all well milk diet for me tomorrow gosh it's getting nearer 24th august 2011. good luck to you all keep in touch, we can all support each other. Sending hugs luv Kaz x x x p.s we can all do this

I started mine too I am on the restrictive format as well and so far so good though i keep thinking i am eating too much a cup of iceberg and cucumber salad with my fout tablespoons of pasta and tuna was quite filling tonight

PhilT said:
I started mine too I am on the restrictive format as well and so far so good though i keep thinking i am eating too much a cup of iceberg and cucumber salad with my fout tablespoons of pasta and tuna was quite filling tonight

Ah good luck on ur pre op diet 2. I wish u luck keep us in mind. And keep in touch. Today was my first day, am hungry tonight but tried to keep busy and drinking loads of water as well. Was nice to have a cup of bovril 2 for a different taste. Let's all help each other good luck luv Kaz x

Back