• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling a bit miserable...

Mio

I've not even been on the diet for a week yet and I'm already feeling pretty miserable. Am on the low fat/low carb one and I've just been reduced to obsessing over my next meal, how many tablespoons of vegetables I can have, how many grams of protein I'm allowed etc. which is what I do every time I'm on a diet. I have no energy, my hair is feeling dry and my psoriasis has flared up really badly too. I'm finding the no-alcohol thing really hard as well, which has thrown up it's own demons, and feel like I'm trying to get through it on my own.

Not really sure how I can get through four weeks of this :-/

oh you poor thing :( all you can do really is try to focus on the reason you are doing it, and the amazing end result of losing all that ugly and harmful weight! Do you not have any support? you say you feel alone :hug99:

I've told a couple of my friends, but they really don't understand what I'm going through (they've always been thin and able to eat/drink whatever they want - especially the drinking part *lol*) I just feel like I'm secluding myself away from people atm as I don't want to be tempted by food/drink so getting a bit lonely (and I'm susceptible to doing that at the best of times!)
Have managed to get a docs appointment for this evenign though - quite a fluke, was trying to get one for 2 weeks away, to be told she would be on holiday but could fit me in this evening, so am going to go and have a chat with her to see if she can suggest anything.

Thanks for your reply though, cheered me up a bit :)

well i suppose staying away from friends that eat and drink anything they want can be good, but is there a way that they can go without and spend some time with you? it wouldnt hurt would it? lol im sure if they knew howyou felt they would be happy to do that! Going to the doc is a good idea also, she may be able to help. And if i brought a little smile to your face and made you feel a bit better then im really glad :) you know you can do this, its just getting your head round it, whats another few weeks? nothing! you are going to be slimmer and gorgous and will feel amazing!!!! Keep it up girl ;) xxx

Oh Mio, I really feel for you. I had my band fitted 6 days ago so the pre op diet is still very fresh in my mind. I can honestly say it was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do but now I'm on the other side its so worth the effort. You wouldn't be normal if you were sailing through it! You have to focus on the end goal, how proud of yourself you will be at the end, knowing that you have done everything you possibly can to be in tip top condition for your op and the weight loss is a massive bonus. Keep your eye on the ball, remind yourself why you are doing it and use thus forum, it's been a life saver for me. Keep us updated on how you are getting on. Take care xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

well i suppose staying away from friends that eat and drink anything they want can be good, but is there a way that they can go without and spend some time with you? it wouldnt hurt would it? lol im sure if they knew howyou felt they would be happy to do that! Going to the doc is a good idea also, she may be able to help. And if i brought a little smile to your face and made you feel a bit better then im really glad :) you know you can do this, its just getting your head round it, whats another few weeks? nothing! you are going to be slimmer and gorgous and will feel amazing!!!! Keep it up girl ;) xxx

I have said that anyone is welcome round mine as usual, but it's a strictly alcohol and chip-free zone *lol*
I'm lucky that my doc is fantastic and the fact I'm seeing her this evening has already perked me up a bit - just to be able to sit down with someone and talk face to face that can really offer me some help and support is invaluable. But I'm also so glad that I found this site, I really don't know how I would've even got this far without it - everyone's support and experiences have been so useful :)

Oh Mio, I really feel for you. I had my band fitted 6 days ago so the pre op diet is still very fresh in my mind. I can honestly say it was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do but now I'm on the other side its so worth the effort. You wouldn't be normal if you were sailing through it! You have to focus on the end goal, how proud of yourself you will be at the end, knowing that you have done everything you possibly can to be in tip top condition for your op and the weight loss is a massive bonus. Keep your eye on the ball, remind yourself why you are doing it and use thus forum, it's been a life saver for me. Keep us updated on how you are getting on. Take care xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thank hon, it's nice just to have someone say that it's normal for me to be struggling - I'm so used to that headspace of "Oh, I've failed again" that it's almost second nature! I seem to be fine during the week at work, but come the weekend all my hard work planning meals just falls apart *lol*
But I'm almost at the end of my first week, and I'm still here, so I'm sure I can do it!! :)

*hugs* Why not draw up a meal plan for the week including drinks, Include days and times along with the foods you will be eating? Make sure you keep you head and hands busy - I know its easier said than done but you have got this far and keep thinking of the end result x

awww mio hun, my heart going out to ya i think its hardest part of journey .. but you almost over it so keep going and think im going to be thin soon think off all your nice new CHEAPER clothes you going to buy think of sitting on a beach in ya bikini anything to keep you motivated, its hard but its worth it , the end is near .. xxxxxx

Just everything everyone else has said plus my own good wishes. :) If dieting was easy none of us would need this surgery in the first place,:sigh: so keep going & focus on the positive's. Not too long now in comparison to what you have come through. :)

It is tough but necessary. Good luck with it and at the weakest point when you are just about to throw the towel in and reach for that biscuit barrel, ask yourself how you would feel to wake up post op only to be told your liver was too large and they couldn't do the procedure.

Three more crappy weeks for a chance of a fantastic new life has got to be worth it and you know you can do this x

Hang on in there girl. It's so worth it, and you're so worth it!

*hugs* Why not draw up a meal plan for the week including drinks, Include days and times along with the foods you will be eating? Make sure you keep you head and hands busy - I know its easier said than done but you have got this far and keep thinking of the end result x

I already have done this, and even have reminders in Outlook for work that pop up to remind me *lol* I've drawn up an Excel spreadsheet with all my meals and snacks planned out, as well as a weekly food shopping list (can you tell I work in admin XD)

I think weekends are the worst because I want to be out with friends but I kinda feel like I'm tied to the house because I have to eat certain things at certain times, which is fine when I'm at work but not so easy when I'm not.

Have started doing my writing again, which has been really nice as haven't sat down to write in ages, but I'm finding it hard to concentrate which makes it frustrating sometimes. Just need to get through this first week I suppose. Am very glad I'm seeing my doc tonight, think I'm going to have a good long chat with her! :)

Awh, you guys are great :eek: Am already feeling much better and really positive about seeing my doc tonight for a chat!

:grouphugg:

Now you have 5 days to go until the weekend, think of something to do to structure your saturday and sunday. If you are out with your friends you will be tempted, if you sit indoors thinking about food all day you will just feel bad again. Is there any relatives you can visit for the day who are not likely to have fattening food and alcohol around? Or maybe set yourself a task like sorting out and rearranging a room, something that will take all day? If you're busy it will take your mind of it, like when you're at work.
Only 21 days to go- you CAN do it. xxx

Back