• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Carb idea's

tendersage

I am looking for carb idea's for my up and coming puree stage, i am struggling to come up with any. I am going to do a cream cheese celeric dish i am not so keen to do a potato one like it. other carbs i will take will be via breakfast ie porridge and weetabix.

So anyone got any suggestions currently looking at my menu per day i am only covering 2 portions out of the 4

During purees, I was advised to have only 2 portions of carbs per day. You can use swede, sweet potatoes, most full soups count as carbs (like lentil or pea & ham), as well as peas & bean pulses.

There are many ways to get carbs that are not potatoes, pasta, rice & bread. Just make sure to puree to a smooth baby food texture and you will be fine.

HTH,
Nic:rolleyes:

thanks phatgirl pulses it will have to be then, i am not a baked bean lover so will look into lentils and other types of beens.

LOL just been practising on some chicken will post it in right section i cold not resist tasting it, just a touch as it was nice and smooth afterwards

I was told 4 portions of carbs and I do struggle to get them all in. I have had parsnips and sweet potatoes and have found some good soups with pulses (Tuscan Bean soup for example) that can be pureed. Allbran with hot milk is good and have got a great recipe for vegetable dhal which has carrots, lentils, spinach and paneer and is low fat (a WW recipe). It purees well and is great hot or cold and has carb protein and veg all in one! I also love rice milk - but not to everyones taste! I have given up trying to have all my carbs as it seems pointless eating for the sake of it, I concentrat on protein fruit and veg and my dietitian is happy with this.

Thanks Grom i have a feeling i will struggle to get them all in, i am also usually happy to go without them, as i find i do not crave food anywhere near as much as if i had the usual ones. And after all there are only so many soups a day you really want to eat

I know what you mean and everyone seems to say protein is more important so seems mad to fill up on carbs!

Back