• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

"dry", "crunchy", "filling" but healthy suggestions . . .

top_kat

Now that I am on "normal" foods, I am looking for some suggestions as to some things that are dry, crunchy and filling but still healthy (ie for me low carb, low sugar and low fat/cals) I like muesli, but carb wise it packs a bit too much in for me.

I am going to get some melba toats and I've got some quark which I love to top them with.

But apart from snack a jacks, melba toasts, does anyone have any other suggestions or things that they have eaten which are dry so take that time to go through and to leave me feeling fuller for longer.

Although I've had a fill, restriction is still pretty minimal, I've been eating foods which obviously aren't remaining above the band for a while, although tonight I hit green beans and peas which have made a much better difference than cauliflower and brocolli lol

So, has anyone got any suggestions of foods? Its mainly to have lunchtimes (I dont do breakfast) but find that when I do eat late afternoon, that I am feeling so hungry I will "pick" and thats a habit I really need and want to stop.

Kat x

I'm back on crunchy tomorrow after 1st fill.

Brekkie - special k + skimmed milk

Dinner - 2 ryvita, tuna, chopped cucumber and pepper

Tea - salmon, salad, feta, new potato

Snacks - special k bar and yogurt

That's what I'm having. Its around 1000 cals x

Have a look on this thread for some tips ;) xx

Thanks Mazza, I have read that and most of it is what I am working to/along with, altho some of the things my provider has suggested is slightly different, and the mealtimes wise Im ok.

Its just that initial time when i get home from work or the gym, before I've had my main dinner, and like the melba toast thing lol

Ryvita . . .that was on the list that I didn't think of . . .certainly dry and worth a try :)

Thank you :)

I'm back on crunchy tomorrow after 1st fill.
Brekkie - special k + skimmed milk
Dinner - 2 ryvita, tuna, chopped cucumber and pepper
Tea - salmon, salad, feta, new potato
Snacks - special k bar and yogurt

That's what I'm having. Its around 1000 cals x

Thanks Wobbly :)

Meal times I'm doing ok with, its the "snack" things or the lunch type thing and Im really limiting carbs because they really don't do me any favours, so haven't been having potatoes.

Fill up on protein, then veg, but its the light meal type things. You mentioned ryvita too . . .thats added to my shopping list :)

maybe will check out other similar things like that and give it a go :)

Thanks so much x

There are breakfast, lunch, evening meal and snack type things listed on my tips and you asked for lunch ideas? I understand you are trying to limit carbs but the really thin melba toast or a couple of ryvita's with a high protein topping will really fill you up. Plus if you are exercising you need some carbs to burn up.

Snacks are best kept to fruit or maybe something like a babybel light.

Sorry, when I meant lunch I was thinking of along the lines of the ryvitas etc with a topping for lunch which is on your list and now on mine :)

That isn't so much of a snack for me, I am trying to break the habit of "snacking" I only tend to eat a meal with the proteins, veg/salad etc in the evening.

So the topped ryvita is perfect :) and its things like that Im trying to find inspiration for, thanks Mazza, :)

i like ryvita with cottage cheese and a slice of apple on top x

hello
i have looked at these messages on what to eat
was surprised to see that you can eat crispbreads
thought they would be to hard to swallow been hard bread

kay xx

i find crunchy things easier than soft , they break up when you bite them and as long is it's not great big bites they go down well, for me anyway x

hello
i have looked at these messages on what to eat
was surprised to see that you can eat crispbreads
thought they would be to hard to swallow been hard bread

kay xx

Its not about the swallowing so much but how much they break down when you chew them. All food should be chewed, chewed then chewed some more. Crispbreads virtualy melt as soon as they enter your mouth and ryvita's break down after chewing ;)

Hi,top cat,,,what is Quark is it chicken or cheese? I want to try it when I can, but I've never heard of it,,,what do you do with it? Thanks rubyred15

I'ts a soft cheese, a bit like fromage frais. Also there are so very low fat versions around. You can use it savoury or sweet x

Hi,top cat,,,what is Quark is it chicken or cheese? I want to try it when I can, but I've never heard of it,,,what do you do with it? Thanks rubyred15

Its a low fat soft cheese in a little tub, its only about 90p, but you can use it in so many things, use it to make sauce or as a topping, or just as a spread or a dip. The nicest one I've found so far is in Asda and is golden acre brand, its about 90p for the little tub (muller yoghurt size). I sometimes use it as a dip for cucumber sticks, but you can also use it in sweeter dishes too, but its nice just to eat as is, on top of crackers/toast etc too.

Thanks top kat , I can't wait, luuuuuuv cheese and crackers,,,,,that's going on my list next week lol xxxx rubyred15

Hi top kat

Today I planned my meals,

I had:
Breakfast - oats so simple. 237 cals inc milk
Lunch - 5 crispbread with cheese spread and thin ham 278 cals 3x cheese & 3x ham
Dinner - sweet chilli noodles with chicken 311 cals for whole meal morrisons nume range

Oh and just to point out, I thought I had the low fat cheese spread but didn't so I could have dropped even more cals off of my lunch..

And I'm also going to try a rice milk which is really low for my porridge ..

All this and I still have 174 cals for nas juice milk for tea and maybe a yog as snack??

Although I didn't eat all the lunch and properly won't manage all the dinner it still comes in well under 1000 cals xx and it taste like real food I don't feel like I'm dieting I'm satisfied x

Hi,Carre,,your doing really well,your food choices are very simalare to me,pre band, I'm savoury foods,,,,not too bothered about sweets? Lol, your about a week or so on from me so it's great to see what other bandsters are doing. Roll on next week, keep up the good work!xxxxrubyred15

Hi,Carre,,your doing really well,your food choices are very simalare to me,pre band, I'm savoury foods,,,,not too bothered about sweets? Lol, your about a week or so on from me so it's great to see what other bandsters are doing. Roll on next week, keep up the good work!xxxxrubyred15

My thing is curry I love it lol

I make all mine homemade, with cous cous instead of rice and make really nice Bombay potatoes I never buy the jars as they are really high compared to my spices... All I really have to count is the chicken and potatoe or cous cous as the sauce is tin Tom and powder xxx. And I bulk it out with peppers and onions xx

Back