• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Card when eating out

WIGLET

I had my sleeve done in November 2011. A couple of months ago someone had a card which had wording on it which you showed people when you are eating out in a restaurant. Can anyone help me with the wording. I am needing something to show when eating in my works restaurant because I need smaller portions and dont want to be ripped off paying for a normal portion and not being able to eat it all.

hi i think i remember a thread like that and i think you can get a card like that all typed and worded right from the b.o.s.p.a.web site. xxxx

I had my sleeve done in November 2011. A couple of months ago someone had a card which had wording on it which you showed people when you are eating out in a restaurant. Can anyone help me with the wording. I am needing something to show when eating in my works restaurant because I need smaller portions and dont want to be ripped off paying for a normal portion and not being able to eat it all.

I had cards printed up with this one side and medical info on the back if you would like one I can give you my address so you can send a SAE

There was another thread like this a week or so back:

http://www.wlsurgery.com/general-surgical-weight-loss-discussion/144732-first-meal-out.html

and one of the replies led to this link:

Using Bariatric Restaurant Cards While Dining Out | Weight Loss News

I have produced a draft one for myself (in advance! -- not even had the op yet) .... although following their format it needs to be signed by your bariatric surgeon (not sure whether Mr Sufi will have time or inclination on the day of my op !!).

Witchingmoon: does the version that you have produced for yourself also have space for a surgeon signature ....?

WLS Buddy

There was another thread like this a week or so back:

http://www.wlsurgery.com/general-surgical-weight-loss-discussion/144732-first-meal-out.html

and one of the replies led to this link:

Using Bariatric Restaurant Cards While Dining Out | Weight Loss
I have produced a draft one for myself (in advance! -- not even had the op yet) .... although following their format it needs to be signed by your bariatric surgeon (not sure whether Mr Sufi will have time or inclination on the day of my op !!).

Witchingmoon: does the version that you have produced for yourself also have space for a surgeon signature ....?

Hi Sharonimo,

My surgeon is Dr Pratik Sufi at the Whittington as well. I too am having a sleeve but am yet to have a date for my surgery.

I can see that you have just had your sleeve done and I would like to be your wls buddy so we can compare notes and encourage each other along the way. I hope you have a speedy recovery and I look forward to hearing from you.

Abbie. XX

I had a card and didn't use it once. Restaurants will always try to accommodate where possible I don't even say I've had bariatric surgery, I just say I'm recovering from an op! failing that starters are the perfect size to have as main courses....for me the more normal life I lead fitting into society without a fuss the better.

I usually just order something like chicken wher the chips or veg come separate so I just have the chicken, n little else n someone else gets my share of the rest, thgen if i want a small dessert to share with someone i have one. I don't find it too difficult, the first time i went out i did what you said, told them had an op but didnt say what but could onky have small amount cost me £3 was braised steak n mash in a dish lovely.xx They were very good xx

i have spent 41 years dieting and eating safe food . i just want to eat normal food in tiny portions. i will make sure i always have a little plastic container in my bag... the non prtien left overs can stay, but the steak...chicken whatever will come home with me for my next meal. starters is a good option, altough they dont tend to me too healthy in most restaurants. was away this weekend, had childs fish and chips.... ate the equavilent of a tbs fish and took the rest home 5 chips! left the rest. cold fish and salad... 1st time last night but was strangly tasty!!

Just been out for a meal with the girls, told them I was recovering from hernia repair (which isn't a lie). Ordered a tuna steak, had less than a quarter and am still eating the rest in small portions. There wasn't a decent child menu except for usual fish finger, burger or sausage. Girls didn't notice how much I didn't eat or drink as we were too busy talking.

Back