• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Catheter??

Louise1

I know this is a gruesome post and apologies in advance.
I've had 3 surgeries and have so far managed to dodge the catheter lol.
I'm having my bypass on 4th Jan at Rake Lane North Tyneside with Mr Woodcock and just wanted to check in and see who did & didn't have to have the catheter (especially if the same surgeon hospital etc) and any excuses I can use!!
xx

I'd like to know this too x

I didn't have one and i was at Spire Manchester.
Catheters aren't scary, they don't hurt and they are a godsend if you need one. Dont be frightened of them. They are a doddle.
Lynne x

I am in Sheffield & had my op at Thornbury & was very happy to have a catheter. Getting in & out of bed that first night should be avoided if at all possible & I did not feel the catheter at all. xx :)

I had a intermittent catheter (where it is taken out and put back in every 1-2 hours) when given birth and for 24 hours after. Try not to worry as it does not hurt just a funny feeling. If we have one we will probably not even notice it until we realise we haven't been to the toilet for ages lol. How you doing Louise how did the trial run of pre op diet go ? X

I was sleeved at Sunderland ;ast week - no catheter.... they like to get you up ASAP after surgery x x

I was also not done at your hospital but I didnt have a catheter either :D

Both of my parents are disabled and in my/their experience the catherers caused more problems than they solved.. I'm sure if it has to be done I'll cope, I'd just rather they didn't (I'm sure you all know what I mean!!).
Suzie.. pre-op was postponed as I've had a fall at work (on a metal pole) and I've fractured 2 ribs and trapped a nerve in my back. I've needed to eat normally for the sheer amount of painkillers I'm on. I'm feeling better and OH is starting Cambridge tomorrow so I've decided I've said goodbye to food and I'm going to start from tomorrow and continue until op..
I've even been a bit naughty and bought a goal outfit (size 8 All Saints suit) which I'm going to hang up as a reminder of where I want to be. I'm right in the headspace I need to be in and ready to go.
How are you doing surgery buddy??
xx

Both of my parents are disabled and in my/their experience the catherers caused more problems than they solved.. I'm sure if it has to be done I'll cope, I'd just rather they didn't (I'm sure you all know what I mean!!).
Suzie.. pre-op was postponed as I've had a fall at work (on a metal pole) and I've fractured 2 ribs and trapped a nerve in my back. I've needed to eat normally for the sheer amount of painkillers I'm on. I'm feeling better and OH is starting Cambridge tomorrow so I've decided I've said goodbye to food and I'm going to start from tomorrow and continue until op..
I've even been a bit naughty and bought a goal outfit (size 8 All Saints suit) which I'm going to hang up as a reminder of where I want to be. I'm right in the headspace I need to be in and ready to go.
How are you doing surgery buddy??
xx

Hope you are feeling better, sweetie :wave_cry: What job do you do??? Not a pole dancer, are you? xxx :):)

At my size, health & safety would go mad lol!!
I came back from a meeting and was signing paperwork in the pool-car (so it was a different shape to my car) stepped back and fell over rib first onto the metal pole that seperates the parking bays. I did it on Friday and was fine until around Tuesday when I couldn't move. I'm feeling a bit better now though.
Thank you honey!!!
xx

Hi i was at your hospital. But the thought of a catheter filled me with dread. But Im being honest with you. I was unconscious when they fitted it. It wasnt uncomfortable and I didnt feel a thing when they took it out. Like others have said I was glad I didnt have to struggle to the loo especially on the first nite.

I didn't have one, a ours they encourage you to get up and move about. To be honest I couldn't wait to get out of bed,I was walking up and down the corridor in a couple of hours and I walked down to another ward with a tv to watch Strictly, xfactor and the jungle a few hours after I was done.

Back