• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

North Tyneside - Rake Lane

Mandz66

Hi is there anyone who is on their journey with Mr Woodcock at Rake Lane? Just after some advice. I went to seminar beginning of March and have now completed the 12 week Weight Management programme 4 weeks ago but no report yet to doc or surgeon & when I rang surgeons secretary she advises me I have to be referred back by my doc once the report is received as once you've been to seminar you're discharged. Is this normal procedure? When I went to seminar waiting time was 3 months but was told today its now approx 8-9 months! Any info would be great

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi I was through mr woodcock :) I had my surgery in jan this year, I never had to be referred back after seminar as the doctor had already referred me to get to the seminar (funding all ready in place once at seminar) I just rung up to make sure they had my weight management report and then they sent me an appointment for the nurse and dietician. Might have changed since I had my op but I would ring back and double check as I can't see why you would have to be referred again x

Thanks Suzie that's what I understood from the seminar too as you can only go to the seminar with a GP referral. Seems a bit strange you need to be referred twice! I am going to ring back again tomorrow and hopefully speak to someone different. Thanks for the info :)

Hi I'm also with mr woodcock and had my op 3 wks ago after seminar and finishing weight management just ring the appointment line and say u were at the seminar in march and your chasing up your nurse appointment that's all I did and from start to finish it only took me 7.5 mths as I kept on there toes chasing up appointments good luck x

Hi Charlie

whats the appointment line number for Rake Lane ? Finished WM now and moved into the progresssion group but want to move it on now.

Thanks Charlie

Will try that, if you can pass on appointment line number that would be great :)

Does anyone know what time the support group starts at Rake Lane tomorrow night?

Back