• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tears - caught me!

Bear

Am normally quite an un-emotional type. Have researched everything for my WLS and my sleeve op is on Sunday and I can't wait to start my new life.

So why have I just spent the last hour sobbing quite uncontrollably to myself and then to my daughter (who I told I was upset over last nights Eastenders) ???? Caught me completely off guard and was all set off by me not knowing what to cook the children for dinner!

Please tell me others have got emotional pre-op??!

I think there is no right or wrong way to feel pre-op, its a massive decision and life changing in so many ways, once I had booked my op (I only had 13 days notice as I self funded and took a cancellation) I was giddy with excitement worse than a kid at christmas lol

Don't beat yourself up allow your emotions to surface its much better than bottling them up, good luck xx

Am normally quite an un-emotional type. Have researched everything for my WLS and my sleeve op is on Sunday and I can't wait to start my new life.

So why have I just spent the last hour sobbing quite uncontrollably to myself and then to my daughter (who I told I was upset over last nights Eastenders) ???? Caught me completely off guard and was all set off by me not knowing what to cook the children for dinner!

Please tell me others have got emotional pre-op??!

I cried alot before the op, I debated if it was the right decision, I even suggested to mum that we go home on the day of the op when I was in tears after seeing the surgeon. It is completely normal as it is a. Scary just because it's a big operation and b. Scary because it's a massive life changing operation.

Don't beat yourself up. Good luck for Sunday xx

Thanks girls. Thankfully I've shrugged it off now for tonight. Hopefully will be more prepared next time. Just grateful I can laugh at myself. In between sobs, I was giggling at how daft I was. :)

I am not booked in for anything yet but I would imagine it is also a great relief as well because your life is going to change completely. Good luck.

Debbie

I think that's exactly it Debbie. I know this is what I want - but today was one of massive organisation / paying the hospital and surgeon fees etc etc and it's all properly real now. I think also, as much as I'll be 200 miles away from home for 3 days, I'm still going to worry about hubby and the kids - so sorting the final details where they're concerned today was a huge relief too.

When people say its a roller coaster of emotions it really is... its excitement mixed with nerves and totally normal x big hugs thrown your way x

Back