• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Change of plans concerning my bypass

Roch

Shrinking away nicely :)
Well as some off you might know i have a set date for surgery for March 2nd but originally was meant to have surgery in Jan, then it was postponed to Feb and now March.
So i was told i would be at the top of the list for a cancellation and there was a good chance i would get a cancellation, but my hospital are very strict bout the pre op and u have to be on it for 4 weeks.
So i was meant to be doing the pre op for 8 weeks, as 8 weeks being the longest u can do a pre op and if a cancellation comes up after 4 weeks then i could have it.
I have struggled with the pre op as i very rarely eat meat or fish and have just been having the 3 portions of carbs, fruit and dairy.
The dietician is away but will be back in 2 weeks and we are going to sit down and revise the diet to suit me.

As a single parent their are of course lots of things i have to sort out prior to my surgery to make sure that if god forbid i dont make it then my son will be ok, and am in the process of having my work done in my home.
I cant tell you how many times a day i think about a cancellation, so much that its stressing me out. I am very depressed at the mo as my pain is very bad and due to my Apnoea i cant take anything else to help with my sciatica and osteoarthritis and am sick and tired of being housebound.

I thought i was mentally in the right place if they rang me up say in 2 weeks time and said can u come in tomorrow but after thinking about it carefully ad getting very tearful i realised that i dont want to have a cancellation , and my op is only 7 weeks away and i will come off the cancellation list and just take my set date.
I have re written my list and there is still quite a lot i have to do and organise in the next 7 weeks to make sure i am fully prepared for my op.
It is just me and Aaron who is 17 and he will be take a week off college to help me after my op but has to go back to college after that so i have to make sure i am very organised and 100% ready physically and emotionally.

I feel good about my decision and in a way i feel that a weight has been lifted of my shoulders and now i can stop thinking about cancellations and carry on sorting out all the things i have to do prior surgery.
I know 7 weeks will come really quick and i look forward to that day.

Hi Roch

Sounds like you have done the right thing, and like you said 7 weeks will fly by x

Hi Roch

Sounds like you have done the right thing, and like you said 7 weeks will fly by x

Hi Mazza yes i def feel it was the right decision, could not think straight this morning, called Caroline1061 was sobbing down the phone and as per usual Caroline got me to calm down and look at things rationally and after a log chat with her i realised that i had def made the right decision as i felt i was just not ready to have surgery in the next few weeks if a cancellation came up.
How are u hope ur good xxx

Hi Roch

Good for you. Regardless of 7 weeks away or not, you have taken control of the situation and thats a cracking thing in my eyes! I was 'rushed' through my op and had no time to sit and think about things and for me it was a (mentally) hard thing to do! Either way your right in that t wont be long, and good on you for standing up and taking control! It takes massive guts - so good for you sweets x

Roch you have come so far since you first started posting. You used to really worry me but reading this post i have a huge smile on my face . You have come such a long way in such a short time. Well done and only 7 weeks to the start of yr new life!!
take care
carole

I think you have definitely done the right thing Roch. Building up to the op is bad enough, but waiting by the phone every day hoping and praying for news of a cancellation must have been mental torture.

At least this way, you have a definite date. You dont have to do the pre-op any longer than necessary, Aaron can take the time off he needs. It sounds like a win/win situation.

Only 7 weeks and you will be a loooooooooooooser!

Big hugs xx

Ty guys for all ur posts with support for my decision, i def feel its 200% right for me and roll on March 2nd and yes it was absolute torture waiting for a call with a poss cancellation, would not even switch my mob off in the night in case they called me early in the morning, thank god that is all over now :)

I bet everytime your phone rang you were a bag of nerves, I know I would be. It feels good to take charge of your life doesn't it? At least you have a set amount of time to get things sorted and prepared rather than rushing around at the last minute. Well done for taking back control of your own life and best of luck for March. xx

I bet everytime your phone rang you were a bag of nerves, I know I would be. It feels good to take charge of your life doesn't it? At least you have a set amount of time to get things sorted and prepared rather than rushing around at the last minute. Well done for taking back control of your own life and best of luck for March. xx

Ur so right jaxx and good luck for ur surgery in 5 days time xx

wow what a brave thing to do! i think i would have waited by the phone but i think you would have made the right mve.. i had my date set for 4 months and still ran out of time for things i 'needed' to do! good for u roch 7 weeks will be here b4 u know it xx

Well done Roch.........

By doing this you have lifted a weight from your shoulders and you have the extra time to be properly prepared. This can only help pre op and for your recovery time. Well done you brave girl xxx

I can sence how relieved you are.
7 weeks is not long and in that time you can focuss on what needs to be done and enjoy the next 7 weeks rather than not knowing if its 2 weeks 4 weeks 5 etc etc
xxx
well done x

Thanks for all ur posts, i am much calmer and working my way through my lists of things to do, so i am physically and mentally prepared for my surgery in 6.5 weeks time :)

I am so pleased you are alot calmer now. Thank you so much for ringing earlier it was great to chat. You could probably tell from how excited I was.

Back