• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cheapest UK Sleeve?

U am having my surgery this Sunday @ King college hospital. Lord knows I can't afford it but it will be the best money I have ever spent.

I went for a consultation with healthier weight and they told me about Mr Patel. I googled him and realised he had his own practice and the price was cheaper when you go directly through him. Also there are very few surgeons that do single incision in the uk.

Also he is such a kind and genuine man and had gone above and beyond to try and help me. He offered to perform the surgery for me under the NHS providing my GP referred me which she happily done as she is very impressed about his passion after seeing him on Horizon but his waiting list is almost 2 years long on the NHS so I decided to pay. He feels guilty for charging me but I feel great spending money in my health.

U am having my surgery this Sunday @ King college hospital. Lord knows I can't afford it but it will be the best money I have ever spent.

I went for a consultation with healthier weight and they told me about Mr Patel. I googled him and realised he had his own practice and the price was cheaper when you go directly through him. Also there are very few surgeons that do single incision in the uk.

Also he is such a kind and genuine man and had gone above and beyond to try and help me. He offered to perform the surgery for me under the NHS providing my GP referred me which she happily done as she is very impressed about his passion after seeing him on Horizon but his waiting list is almost 2 years long on the NHS so I decided to pay. He feels guilty for charging me but I feel great spending money in my health.

I've know Mr Patel for about 15 years and he is all those things you say and more isn't he. I was in a similar situation and ended up paying as did not want to wait any longer - not one regret! When was he on Horizon was it recently?
x

OOnion said:
I've know Mr Patel for about 15 years and he is all those things you say and more isn't he. I was in a similar situation and ended up paying as did not want to wait any longer - not one regret! When was he on Horizon was it recently?
x

Wow is that how long ago you had your surgery?

Yeah he was on about three weeks ago just before Easter they done a show on obesity it was really good.

I used to work with him in the 90's and then he fitted my band in 1999, removed it in 2007 and did my bypass in Feb this year! So to answer you question - I have had types of surgery for that long LOL ! x

Not sure about posting youtube links but the episode is available there, it's expired on iplayer

The episode was called the truth about fat.

Mr Patel is in the part 3 clip iirc

I typed 'horizon obesity' into you tube and found it. Good programme. Also found the YouTube videos of those that had gastric sleeves very inspirational

Was a good episode, I found it a good way to show close family that I had something similar by the same surgeon.

OOnion said:
I used to work with him in the 90's and then he fitted my band in 1999, removed it in 2007 and did my bypass in Feb this year! So to answer you question - I have had types of surgery for that long LOL ! x

Oh wow what a journey. How are u feeling since your bypass. I'm really scared about tomorrow.

Oh wow what a journey. How are u feeling since your bypass. I'm really scared about tomorrow.

Fantastic, I am so lucky, I did not have much pain, no post op blues, not once thought "what have I done", had a little hick up with wound infection etc - but all healed now and seem to loose 1kg a week so I know by next Christmas I should be in a health BMI range! You will be fine tomorrow, try not to get too wound up and worried as you release cortisol then and that will not help your post op pain or recovery xxx

OOnion said:
Fantastic, I am so lucky, I did not have much pain, no post op blues, not once thought "what have I done", had a little hick up with wound infection etc - but all healed now and seem to loose 1kg a week so I know by next Christmas I should be in a health BMI range! You will be fine tomorrow, try not to get too wound up and worried as you release cortisol then and that will not help your post op pain or recovery xxx

Thanks do much for the advice. I'm the first opp of the morning and he said I won't have time to be nervous as it will all happen so quickly. I should be in recovery by about 10am if all goes to plan. Today I'm keeping busy and de cluttering my house lol. Hope to speak to you with good news tomorrow if not Monday. Xxx

good luck tomorrow chants :) xxx

Will be thinking about you Chants, are you on the Guthrie unit? Mr Patels anaesthetist is really lovely too, big cheesy smile and great sense on humour. Have all the drugs they offer and try and just enjoy doing nothing for 3 days xxxx

Hi all I had my sleeve yesterday morning. All went really well but I did spend a long time in recovery due to my heart rate being a little fast. Mr Patel and his team ate fantastic they have catered to my every need. I had my pop single incision and I must say I am in hardly any pain at all. Last night when I got back to my room I would have slept like a log If I wasn't up going to the toilette every 2 hours.

The last thing I remember was Mr Patel asking me what music I liked then me singing Rihanna only girl in the world. Then I woke up in recovery lol. What an amazing man. This morning I have had my shower and a few sips of water. My nurse said I am doing amazing and have only pressed my morphine pump 9 times since yesterday. She said Mr Patel may remove it soon as I am not using it. I ain't had my leak test yet and I don't think I will until tomorrow but I am feeling really well all things considered.

Xx

Morning all. I am feeling fine this morning. I didn't have a great nights sleep but that was only because I'm used to sleeping only front and because the room was a little bright.

I am sipping water ok and am taking oral paracetamol I am only getting IV fluids. I should be having my leak test some time today but Mr Patel is quite confident that I shouldn't have any leaks especially as my pop took 2.5 hours. I'm worried there might have been a complication but he just said its because he is meticulous.

I should be going home this evening but it all depends on my test results. I'll let you all no how it goes. Xx

Morning all. I am feeling fine this morning. I didn't have a great nights sleep but that was only because I'm used to sleeping only front and because the room was a little bright.

I am sipping water ok and am taking oral paracetamol I am only getting IV fluids. I should be having my leak test some time today but Mr Patel is quite confident that I shouldn't have any leaks especially as my pop took 2.5 hours. I'm worried there might have been a complication but he just said its because he is meticulous.

I should be going home this evening but it all depends on my test results. I'll let you all no how it goes. Xx
im glad you're feeling better this morning honey :)
hopefully everything will be ok and you will be home later, good luck :) xxx

Back