• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My pre op diet

Fuffs

Shrinking Big Brummie
I had a voicemail from my hospital yesterday. Called them back this morning and my date is 30th March :D

So, I have to go straight into pre op. Heartlands has 5 pre op diet options. I am doing the meal replacement option. I have lots of VLCD packs I have saved to use. I am so excited!

Didn't get chance to do the last meal thing. But this was the perfect way for it to happen for me :)

I shall talk of how I get on with my pre op on here.

Breakfast: had a fruits of the forest Cambridge pack :)

good luck honey, I cant think of anyone who deserves this more, you have really been through it, im made up for you :) xxx

Caren said:
good luck honey, I cant think of anyone who deserves this more, you have really been through it, im made up for you :) xxx

Thank you so much Caren. Can't believe after over 3 years the end is in sight. The battles are won and the war is nearly over. Can't believe it! Xxx

How exciting - you're on your way now hun x

I had a voicemail from my hospital yesterday. Called them back this morning and my date is 30th March :D

So, I have to go straight into pre op. Heartlands has 5 pre op diet options. I am doing the meal replacement option. I have lots of VLCD packs I have saved to use. I am so excited!

Didn't get chance to do the last meal thing. But this was the perfect way for it to happen for me :)

How wonderful - good luck xx

you deserve this fuffs all the very best of whishes you will breeze through this pre op diet i just know. xxxx

Congrats hun good luck on the diet :) xx ull do great x I didnt have chance for last meals either as I was rang to go get the diet n start but I also preferred that as less time to worry lol :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Tray3004 said:
Congrats hun good luck on the diet :) xx ull do great x I didnt have chance for last meals either as I was rang to go get the diet n start but I also preferred that as less time to worry lol :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I think it's best too!! And I love so many foods, would have felt wrong choosing one lol

Linda, you have always believed in me so much! Thank you :D (((hugs)))

Thank you everyone :D my stomach feels like my mouth is on strike today. Can't wait until day 3 when beautiful non hunger ketosis kicks in :)

what are the other diet options soph?

good luck on the pre-op! x

Really chuffed you got a date but a four week pre op diet seems a tad over the top. Good luck x

Doh! I should have read this thread before I asked in your other thread which pre-op diet you were doing.

Really chuffed you got a date but a four week pre op diet seems a tad over the top. Good luck x

Heartlands is 2-6 weeks Karlos.

With most hospitals here and in the States opting for a two week pre op four to six weeks seems excessive

MissyMustDoIt said:
what are the other diet options soph?

good luck on the pre-op! x

It's portion controlled, meal replacement, 800-1000 Cals, VLCD and milk and yoghurt diet :)

Thank you to you and everyone for your kind words and support.

Not sure why Heartlands have up to six weeks. The bariatric dietician did once say it was one of the surgeons preference. But not sure if he is the one who left or one who is still there lol

Well, today has been hard in one way (having not mentally prepared myself) and easy in another (there is no way I will cheat on my pre op, so stops my recently ressurected habit of picking).

I had a cambridge butterscotch shake for lunch and a mrp veg soup for dinner.

My stomach feels that achey empty you feel the first couple of days on a liquid VLCD.

Cant wait for ketosis lol

Ahh I know that feeling, I'm 7 days on the pre op (no carbs) and I've lost half a stone. I must admit I thought I would find it harder than what it has been but like u said there was no way I was/am going to give in to temptation, way too much on the line!

Congratulations on ur date and good luck

Vicky

vicky x said:
Ahh I know that feeling, I'm 7 days on the pre op (no carbs) and I've lost half a stone. I must admit I thought I would find it harder than what it has been but like u said there was no way I was/am going to give in to temptation, way too much on the line!

Congratulations on ur date and good luck

Vicky

Thank you Vicky :)

I know the pre op is not for weight loss. But well done!!! :D

Thank you Vicky :)

I know the pre op is not for weight loss. But well done!!! :D

Thanks, I'm a bit worried as the hospital said that people have been turned away as their liver hasn't shrunk enough so I think I've convinced myself that the more lbs I lose the better chance that my liver has shrunk!

Vicky x

vicky x said:
Thanks, I'm a bit worried as the hospital said that people have been turned away as their liver hasn't shrunk enough so I think I've convinced myself that the more lbs I lose the better chance that my liver has shrunk!

Vicky x

My mind may start to think a bit along those lines too lol

You will be fine though :D

Well, in bed and not inspired by the thought of a shake to get out lol

I will do in a bit. Glad to be on day 2. Still feels mightily unreal though :) lol

Back