• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My pre op diet

HiddenBeauty said:
So happy for you hon! can't wait to hear from you on the flip side

Thank you very much Kitty :D You are lovely!!! I will probably bore people with my Fuffs fat to slim thread lol

This might be the only place I can rejoice some of the plus sides of getting thinner so I'm gonna be doing the same.

HiddenBeauty said:
This might be the only place I can rejoice some of the plus sides of getting thinner so I'm gonna be doing the same.

Yay!!! I will be in good company :)

Hi all, can anyone tell me if I'm gonna be in BUG trouble, I am on 2 nd wk of pre op diet- my op is 2nd April and I have had a couple of rocky days and eaten some chocolate on both days... Not much, well a chocolate bar!!! I've been feeling quite low and questioning my decision (although I know my weight and eating habits are out of control and iHAVE to do this!) I feel so crap about it aswell... I'm having bypass surgery, revision from old surgery ( ihad a band removed 2008) have I really blown it now??? Please help xx

cas1983 said:
Hi all, can anyone tell me if I'm gonna be in BUG trouble, I am on 2 nd wk of pre op diet- my op is 2nd April and I have had a couple of rocky days and eaten some chocolate on both days... Not much, well a chocolate bar!!! I've been feeling quite low and questioning my decision (although I know my weight and eating habits are out of control and iHAVE to do this!) I feel so crap about it aswell... I'm having bypass surgery, revision from old surgery ( ihad a band removed 2008) have I really blown it now??? Please help xx

You need to be 100% clean from now until your op! Report to me daily so you know someone wants to know how you are doing :)

You can do this! You are self sabotaging because you know you HAVE to do this. If you are clean for the next few days you could help yourself loads.

Which pre op diet are you on?

Fuffs said:
You need to be 100% clean from now until your op! Report to me daily so you know someone wants to know how you are doing :)

You can do this! You are self sabotaging because you know you HAVE to do this. If you are clean for the next few days you could help yourself loads.

Which pre op diet are you on?

Hi I am on the low carb diet... I know im pathetic as that diet is the easiest by far! I really don't understand why u do this to myself... When I'm trying to help myself I do exactly what you said and sabotage it!!! I don't get it.... I shall come bk to this thread everyday now to give you a run down of what I've eaten! I really want to wake up in a positive mood tommorow... Fingers crossed! Thanks Fuffs x

cas1983 said:
Hi I am on the low carb diet... I know im pathetic as that diet is the easiest by far! I really don't understand why u do this to myself... When I'm trying to help myself I do exactly what you said and sabotage it!!! I don't get it.... I shall come bk to this thread everyday now to give you a run down of what I've eaten! I really want to wake up in a positive mood tommorow... Fingers crossed! Thanks Fuffs x

I would make that low carb very low carb now. Many low carb pre op diets are high carb in my world lol. Just seeing bread alone makes me squirm.

Very low carb helps the liver shrink quickly :)

I look forward to your updates. Now you are doing it for me and you, and you want us both to be proud lol

I will be waking up smiling. So make sure you are too. Our new life awaits! X

Fuffs said:
I would make that low carb very low carb now. Many low carb pre op diets are high carb in my world lol. Just seeing bread alone makes me squirm.

Very low carb helps the liver shrink quickly :)

I look forward to your updates. Now you are doing it for me and you, and you want us both to be proud lol

I will be waking up smiling. So make sure you are too. Our new life awaits! X

Ok, thank you for the useful information I didn't realise that's very low carb shrinks the liver very quickly! A new day tomorrow and I will succeed! Four days until my operation it really cannot be that hard.... I see others on here who have done really well with their pre-op diet... if they have the same issues with food as me and can still do it then so Can I ! Thank you for your words of advice and for taking the time to help me! I appreciate it a lot? tomorrow is a new day!!!
sleep well x

Hey hon, feel free to follow my journey too. I'm on the low carb high protein diet and I've been posting recipes and ideas to make meal times more fun and less boring.

The further on you go, the weirder your cravings will get, today was sugar puffs, I've not had them in about 6 yrs.

To combat chocolate cravings I smell my black forest cake perfume and use the smell as a taste then drink water to simulate eating. I do the same with nice foods like pizza etc. use the smells as taste.

You can get through this xx

cas1983 said:
Ok, thank you for the useful information I didn't realise that's very low carb shrinks the liver very quickly! A new day tomorrow and I will succeed! Four days until my operation it really cannot be that hard.... I see others on here who have done really well with their pre-op diet... if they have the same issues with food as me and can still do it then so Can I ! Thank you for your words of advice and for taking the time to help me! I appreciate it a lot? tomorrow is a new day!!!
sleep well x

My absolute pleasure. You deserve the op. we often sabotage because we don't love ourselves enough. We are only a few days apart on our ops. So we can cheer each other on. Sweet dreams lovely xxx

Mikaela said:
Fantastic news gal whoop whoop

Thanks!!!! Woohoo!!!

Forgot to say I am about 22lbs down in 26 days. I was 23lbs. But oh well. I am a very happy bunny! :D

This has become my theme tune on my WL Journey, mainly because I think being over weight makes you old.

It ages you on the outside, but not the inside.

Have a wonderful day tomorrow, I'll be thinking of you and saying a quiet prayer that all goes well, it's over with quickly and your recovery is as painless as possible.

Here's Audrae Mae

Audra Mae & Forest Rangers Forever Young cover A capella - YouTube

Mx

civvygit said:
This has become my theme tune on my WL Journey, mainly because I think being over weight makes you old.

It ages you on the outside, but not the inside.

Have a wonderful day tomorrow, I'll be thinking of you and saying a quiet prayer that all goes well, it's over with quickly and your recovery is as painless as possible.

Here's Audrae Mae

Audra Mae & Forest Rangers Forever Young cover A capella - YouTube

Mx

I will have a listen when I charge my phone up :D

Thank you very much. You have been a lovely addition to my pre op diet diary :)

Thank you for your prayer. Means a lot to me lovely lady xxx

cas1983 said:
sleep well x

What happened???

WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP.....it's TODAY!

Mx

civvygit said:
WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP.....it's TODAY!

Mx

:D it's amazing it's here!

Thinking of you. Will be sending healing thoughts. Let me know if you see a black or ginger moggy.

HiddenBeauty said:
Thinking of you. Will be sending healing thoughts. Let me know if you see a black or ginger moggy.

Aaawww thanks lovely. Will do :)

Lost 10kg all together from the target weight. So my pre op diet worked well :)

Any news on what time they're taking you in?

Back