• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My pre op diet

JO28172 said:
Yes I was the same, choice and varied options removed, much easier I found....and meant I lived on milky coffees which always felt like luxurious treats :)

I have a milky coffee at night :D my milk diet option is not as good as other hospitals. Mine is 8-10 125g qpprox 60 cal yogs and 1 pint of milk.

Needless to say, don't eat that many yoghurts. I have about half. Then I make my oxo into a spicy soup lol

Wish my milk diet was the 3 pints one!! :)

But yes, it's sooo much better not having food options. Makes me certain I am doing it right. But don't feel ill like the VLCD I did for the first 2 weeks. The low carb option was lurvly. But wS portion controlled. So feel happier I am getting it right with milk and yogs :) xxx

Fuffs, I've not been posting lately, life getting out of hand here, but I've been reading your threads with a smile, giggle and a degree of trepidation, that, I'm sure, is nothing compared to your own.

My thoughts and best wishes are with you, I'm looking forward to the 30th as much as you are......nearly. ;-)

Mx

Aaawww (((hugs))) life has a habit of throwing us curves balls when we really dont need it. I really hope things settle for you soon xxx

I am so blessed to have so many people excited for me. I have freinds with a countdown as their blackberry status lol. So its lovely to know you are very excited too :D

It makes me KNOW that all will be well and will go well. I am overly excited lol xxx

Yes we are on your final count down week won't be long now and well done on another 4lbs excelletn keep it going xx

chrisa said:
Yes we are on your final count down week won't be long now and well done on another 4lbs excelletn keep it going xx

Thank you very much Chrisa :) feels surreal, but exciting :D xxx

Well, according to my scales, I have lost another 2lbs :D

I know, I should stop the addiction. But I have a feeling that particular addiction would be harder to break than biscuits and cake lol

I still have a weighing addiction , think until I am really settled into this journey I will continue to weigh daily :(

Glad it's not just me chick. I think it will also be that for me. Once my weight is settled, I will stop doing it so often (I so hope I am right lol)

In the past I have found when I am actively trying to lose weight I am on them daily , yet when I am not I can go weeks without weighing , its definately a mind power thing

Then we shock ourselves with the gain when we get on them lol

My scales addiction has been a help in this journey, as it keeps me from going too far out of control. A double edged sword :)

Last edited:
For me , I find it keeps me on the straight & narrow , so to speak . I know when to reign myself if if they sneak up

For me , I find it keeps me on the straight & narrow , so to speak . I know when to reign myself if if they sneak up

That is why when people tell me to stay away from the scales, I say I will but know I wont. I use them to monitor the effects different ways of eating impact on my weight. I am going to keep my scale hopping addiction for now lol

Well, 4lbs of my totm 5lbs gain has finally gone (4lbs went on mon, 1lb on tuesday)

I only have today and tomorrow left for pre op. Then I will be into post op.

Feeling absolutely fine and happy. And sleeping again now.

So all is good :)

Glad to hear things have righted themselves hunni , you must be so wishing it was just done by now xx

pandora said:
Glad to hear things have righted themselves hunni , you must be so wishing it was just done by now xx

You must be reading my mind lol

I have been thinking while the goings good, I wish it was today! Lol

And thanks chick. You have been a lovely help in this draggy bit of the journey :) xxx

your welcome my lovely , i just know thats how i felt the last couple of weeks prior , but now the time is whizzing by & i feel great , i so wish that for you too xx

pandora said:
your welcome my lovely , i just know thats how i felt the last couple of weeks prior , but now the time is whizzing by & i feel great , i so wish that for you too xx

Thank you (((hugs))) I refuse to believe I won't have the smoothest ride lol. I have put my request in with the Universe and will be having words if it's anything different lol

Bought 3 packs of Bovril cups from Poundland today. You just add water to them. Forgot how yummy Bovril is.

Feeling so happy right now :)

Perfect weather too :)

Well today I seemed to have been around food all day. And it's not meant a thing to me. I am deep in ketosis and deep in the zone.

Tomorrow will be my last day of my pre op. Hope my mad pre op diet diary will have helped someone to see if I can do it anyone can.

My advice would be, if you are from Heartlands, stick with the options that keep you in ketosis. And make the real food option very low carb. Not being hungry helps a lot!!!

And keep in the zone. This is for an op you have worked hard for. So no point cheating. Not one food on the planet was or is worth losing my op for.

Stay excited about the op and your new life after. That will help you get through.

Instant tea is my best friend. Find something that gets you through. For some it's milky coffee. Others herbal tea, others sf jelly. Whatever it is indulge in it and make it work for you.

And practice saying no!! Frenemies will offer you cake and everything. Turn it down! But don't look sad. Turn it down with pride.

And try to hang with people who support your endeavours. Their pride on you for committing to your pre op will put you on cloud 9.

Finally, vitamins. I take them anyway. But this is a good time to get accustomed to taking them daily and helping your body. I take a multivitamin with added iron, Omega oil capsule and a fish oil capsule. I also take a calcium.

Oh yeah, also keep your sugar free liquids up :)

I will get off my soapbox now :)

Day 27 and last day of my pre op diet is tomorrow and it really hasn't been that hard :D

Wooooohoooo!

So happy for you hon! can't wait to hear from you on the flip side

Back