• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Chewable/liquid multivitamins

chubby funster

Hi all!
I found out on Friday that my op is on the 7th Feb, came as a bit of a shock (pleasant one though!) However, I haven't found a multivitamin thats liquid or chewable. I have been told to start taking them tomorrow when the luscious milk and yoghurt diet starts! I am going to carry on with Centrum for now, but what do ou guys take? Any ideas?
Thanks! :)

Ours are supplied by our GP/hospital hun as they have to be very strong. Speak to GP about Forceval. As for chewable/liquid - we dont have them. We start them 2 weeks post op x

Bassetts do orange chewable vitamins, they are available from the 99p store and u get 30 days worth, Not bad value eh and they taste rather nice too xx

I use the Slice of Life ones by Hero Nutritionals. I order them off the net from the States and have them shipped over. They have been the best ones for me so far.

Thanks soooo much all of you!! These forums are great! I think I shall be spending a bit more of my life on here!

This forum has been a life saver for me in my battle to get my op and my life afterwards.

It looks like you have done fantastically well! I hope it will help me in the same way!

All my vitamins and minerals have been the normal swallow type never had the chewy or liquid ones

All my vitamins and minerals have been the normal swallow type never had the chewy or liquid ones

Same here - and we are told to have prescribed ones and not over the counter ones as they are not strong enough for what we need? x

I took normal tablets in the run up to the op, then Bassets chewable vitamins for the month afterwards, now I'm back on high strength tablets. Not all GPs will prescibe you vitamins, but if your GP will, then Forceval is typically recommended. I think you are very unlikely to suffer any detrimental effects from taking the Basset's chewable vitamins for such a short space of time, as your body will have a certain vitamin/mineral reserve anyway.

I am on Forceval - you can get them from your doc - just make sure you cut the capsule open and squeeze the contents onto a spoon of whatever it is you are eating/drinking - it tastes yuck yuck yuck!!! Good luck with your surgery - not long now! :) xx

Back