• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

chinese chicken curry

salski

Hiya all - bear with me for this one

When I was first post op, I got into eating thick chinese curry sauce from the chippy. It was thick, take-away like and very tasty, so I bought a pack of the curry sauce mix. It makes 2 pints, and at the time I sooooo could not face it, so I left it in the cupboard...well the other day I found it and made this...it was soooooo nice and my hubby-to-be LOVED it as did my friend who came for tea.

I took 4 chicken thighs and 4 chicken wings, skinned them and browned them in a little spray oil.
took the chicken out and browned an onion
I made the curry sauce up as it said on the packet.
Adden the onion and chicken and placed it in the oven for 2 hours....about an hour in I added more Iceland chicken pieces to bulk it out a little.
They had it with rice, I had it on its own. It was sooo nice, so thick and a defo fave in our house!
Hope someone fancies it and tries it!
Sally xx

That sounds really nice! I think id like it without the chicken as well, like a curry soup hehe :)

lol Bex...sounds good to me! haha...Glad no one has seen it and wrote eeeew....it was gorgeous but Im now wondering where the hell I bought the packet from! Hahaha

No it was a packet of Chinese curry sauce mix, but my mother in law had the maysan one the other day - the mild one..she added fruit like apple and raisens to hers along with chicken and it was really nice!
Sure it was quality save that I got mine from, or aldi or summat similar?! lol

I bought it at the food market! Was well nice! Made this again today and we love it! I added chicken chicken and extra chicken! Mmmmm

Back