• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Christmas Dinner?

Raynebubble

Hiya, i have a querie.

I am on pureed food until week five which for me is the 23rd December then im on softfoods for 6 weeks.

Am i right in thinking i can have Christmas Dinner?
I am going to my parents for a couple of days so i wont be in charge of the cooking.. i am absolutley petrified of dumping not that i have experienced it yet... or i might have when i had a bit of runny tummy after a meal the other day.

So my plan is to have a smaller portion of what they are having and just eat what i can... am i right, and did anyone else get the eeby jeebies before going onto soft foods?

Last edited:
i think you can have mash and veg with gravy but not sure about meat as it's a bit fiborous and may get stuck :)

ive been eating meat all along hun as im on pureed foods at the mo, ive had chicken and mince, ive made sure its with lots of gravy and chewed well xx

It's probably different for Banders, but I'm definitely going to avoid the turkey - can be very dry and stringy and could cause some problems. Instead I'm having some salmon (with Hollandaise sauce, yum!) and lots of veg (and a yorkshire pudding or two *lol*)

Have a diddy bit of everything with lots of gravy.After lunch pick at cheese and soft fruit but watch the sugars so early on.You can tolerate more later on.

thanks thats what i told my mum tonight, t do me a small dinner but with everything everyone else is having and i will eat what i can and save the rest for later. i might take crackerbreads along with me for tea time and pate... i might be brave and try a sausage roll lol xx

I would be very wary of sausage rolls, the pastry is very high in fat and the sausage is very high in fat! You sould avoid both of these as a bypasser. Just have your meat and veg with a bit of gravy, then perhaps you could have some low fat custard or make a low fat low sugar trifle.

I would be very wary of sausage rolls, the pastry is very high in fat and the sausage is very high in fat! You sould avoid both of these as a bypasser. Just have your meat and veg with a bit of gravy, then perhaps you could have some low fat custard or make a low fat low sugar trifle.

you know what i was thinking that after i posted lol... yeah i will give that a miss.. i will take a few yogurts and a couple of low fat custards with me x

Lots of the Iceland partie foods are suitable for bypassers with less than 5% fat in them. Why not have a look at some of them online or in iceland and checkout the fat values on them. Maybe you could bring along a plate of savouries for tea time as your contribution to the table, knowing that everything on the plate will be suitable for you to have a little of.

Whatever you do, have a great time and remember it's more about spending time with your family than scoffing. (well thats what I'm telling myself lol)

Love Kate x

yeah thats a good idea Kate, i might just have extra xmas dinner for tea, i will see how i am lol, just not feeling too positive today x

my op was only 3 days after yours and right now i can't imagine eating christmas dinner :) having sloppy weetabix as we speak xx

My op was on 19th Nov so only a week before yours, last night I was at a poker game and they had chicken nibbly bits from Iceland, all different bits, I had 2 pieces with herbs and one piece of chicken tikka, I tiny minute bites and chewed them to death and I was absolutely fine. It has given me the confidence to have some turkey and just chew it on Christmas day. xx

Back