• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cinema food

JO28172

Just saved myself a load of sinful cals by avoiding the cinema popcorn and replacing it with a small box of Kellogg's honey loops.....they were just as good....I'm convinced! Try it folks!

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

I often have dry sweet cereals ... Those boxes are perfect size rather than having the temptation of having a big box open. Tyrells sweet and salt popcorn is lovely option too if you want a snack of around 100 calories at the pub or cinema. My downfall is wasabi peanuts at our local, but there are over 500 cals in a teeny cup :eek: cannot lie though, I still do sometimes enjoy them

I went to the cinema yesterday with my DH and we both had water. I'm newly post-op so still on liquids and my DH didn't want me to feel deprived so had water with me. But I'll definitely remember your tip.

Nellyphant said:
I went to the cinema yesterday with my DH and we both had water. I'm newly post-op so still on liquids and my DH didn't want me to feel deprived so had water with me. But I'll definitely remember your tip.

cappuccino good for you if they do hot drinks? Get the milk in you for the time being!

As for the Dictator.....omg....hilarious!!! :)

Some cinemas search your bag though to see if you're taking in your own food

That's ok as my OH still bought the popcorn n drink so should that happen I'd be ready to show them my so far unused I've had wls card, and give them feedback in the food they sell :) lol

ooh good idea... i take a 30g serving of pretzels and a bit of cheese... and this comes to about 200 cals and some protein... but like the cereal idea.. less cals lol x

I have never been searched which is a blessing. Put Poundland popcorn in my sons bag lol

Ate mattesons sausage last time I was at the cinema lol. Not a whole on of course. Like a quarter x

That's ok as my OH still bought the popcorn n drink so should that happen I'd be ready to show them my so far unused I've had wls card, and give them feedback in the food they sell :) lol

What card are you talking about? Where did you get that?

I take a little tub of roast soya beans :D I buy a bottle if water at a ridiculous three pounds what more do they want....

Some providers give a card which details that you've had weight loss surgery. Mine gave me one when I went for my first fill :)

Also, Im off to the cinema tomorrow, and my snack will be a pack of snack a jacks . . .shame cos the one we're going to has waiter service at the table with mixed plates and things . . .but, I am gonna take my snack a jacks, may even take the chilli sauce and quark to dip them in LOL

I have in the past (and now my future lol) taken celery and carrots chopped up with a low fat dip yummy. lol

Back