• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

clearout

Wendy1

Hi guys its a nice day in Elland so i thought i would have a clothes clear out, I have filled 4 bin bags for charity shop, still some to go. I find since my weight loss my taste in clothes has changed as well i dont want baggy anymore. I must admit there is some i have put back, i must get strong and bin them, i am scared i will put my weight back on, are you guys the same?:wave_cry: bye bye clothes:cry:

Hi guys its a nice day in Elland so i thought i would have a clothes clear out, I have filled 4 bin bags for charity shop, still some to go. I find since my weight loss my taste in clothes has changed as well i dont want baggy anymore. I must admit there is some i have put back, i must get strong and bin them, i am scared i will put my weight back on, are you guys the same?:wave_cry: bye bye clothes:cry:

Wendy, I did this the week before my op and it was an emotional time. I've since cleared out again and have only 18 and under or a few 20's left... but building my summer colourful wardrobe!

Have jollies very much in mind.

I felt a real pull with some of my favourite things.

Love and hugs Angel xxx

feels good doesn't it :D

always keep one full outfit from when you were at your biggest....I have :D a size 32/5X top and skirt hehe now i am in size 20 tops and M/L or L/XL skirts (depending on where i buy from)

It's tough clearing out favourites, but it makes room for what is to come Angel.

Love and hugs, ebay sounds a brilliant idea!

xxx

I chucked all the old stuff out. didnt wanna be reminded of how big I used too be....fotos are bad enough lol, good luck 2 ya xx

I learnt a lesson years ago, I lost a lot of weight and got down to a size 10/12.. I also kept all my clothes in all the bigger sizes so as my weight crept back on I always had something roomier to fit back into.

Moral of the story in my view is to get rid of everything that's too big !!! I have lots of horrendous pics of me at my heaviest and none of my old clothes are that nice...just what I could get big enough to fit me, not really what I wanted to wear at all.

I did the same as NEEN mentioned..

And i agree totally!

BIN/SELL/AUCTION/CHARITY.. EVERYTHING! THERE IS NO WAY IM GOING BACK THERE!!

(giggles)

Marie x

(SIZE 22 TO A 14..)

I keep having a clear out! but every few months I find a few more things which have got too big.
It's been a bit of a wrench, but the only things I've kept are one item of the biggest size, top and bottom so I can do those funky photos when I get down to target.
I'm never going back.

I did sell some clothes on ebay about 5 years ago, I cannot believe how much I got for naff 1980's unworn evens blouses. The best sales were (my Nan's) 1950's M&S nylon tiered petticoats - £50 each And they all sold to men..! :D

All the things I do wear though are only fit for the rag bag - even the charity shops wouldn't want them. I have never been into clothes and shoping - can't see that changing!

My wardrobe has just essentials in it right now and I'm not building it up too much... but I've been shocked at what I had 'hoarded' for a rainy day in size 26 or 28 and never worn...

We also have a rail at our Salford support group and we can take items to share with others in need which I think is really helpful to those in between sizes.

Love and hugs xxx

CHUCK EM'!!!

When people say that "im loosing weight" the mind interprates that as "ive lost something so i must find it"....power of you mind can make you put on the weight. Instead throw away all of them, except the one of the big ones for proof, and tell yourself "Im reducing my weight"

.....apparently this helps!

Dont be negative, you will loose this weight, this time, as it is your choice!

Tam
xx

Good for you - get rid!

I've just spent the weekend doing the exact same thing - sadly I can't throw anything away yet as I'm at my biggest ever but I've bagged all the sizes that are too small so they're ready when I need them. Each time I drop a dress size I'm going to bin the lot of the old size as I've always kept them in the past and only ever got bigger.

I've made myself throw out all the clothes that I hate and only wear because they fit - especially the pants that I've repaired over and over again. The whole lots gone to charity or on Ebay and I have to say it feels pretty cathartic - I can't wait to drop the next dress size xxx

I go through my clothes all the time, the minute they feel a bit baggy I get rid!
It's funny as I can't stand anything that is styled or feels slighty baggy.
It's like it reminds me of my old big self, and I definetly don't want to go there again!
I've got to try sell on eBay as I have a few tops brand new with tags.
And the best thing was bringing out some clothes which I have saved in a bag for 10 years in 14/16 and they all fit me.
I have saved one pair of trousers in 26 to remind me of my old life! Xxx

Back