• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

do you see yourselves slimmer??

Ankaas

Hi guys, I was just wondering how all you losers see yourselves now. I lost weight once and nothing could convince me I looked any different - even photos. I thought the shop must have sized all their clothes wrong or they did big sizes and just put small labels on them so big girls wouldnt feel so bad (doh whats the chances of that?) or it was just fluke.

I can fit in a size 10 jeans and even bought my first size 10 top this weekend :D
BUT i still have a wardrobe full of size 16's cos thats what size my head tells me my body is :sigh:.
I am begining to wonder if my head is jealous of my body :rolleyes: :rotflmao:

Wendy ditch the big clobber,you know it makes sense.Plus you will have room for more 10s!

Yea Wendy have a divorce the size 16 party. Or better still burn them that way they can't come back. Xx

My sons just commented on my skinny feet!Mind you I have had no swelling or foot pain since last summer!Only time they hurt now is if im barefoot,the bones dig in the floor!

Nope don't see it!!

Had a little panic attack today clearing my wardrobe out of 16-18's.... I'm in size 12's, feels like I should be boxing them up as one day I'll wake up & be back in those sizes as I never dreamt of being a size 12. x

I have to say I see a massive difference & I love it. I dont know if its because I did some Cognitive Behavioural Therapy to deal with why I ate so much. I know I have read so many posts on here about peoples heads not moving as fast as their weightloss but I am glad to say mine has :)

Excellent tink - I think we should all have some therapy at some stage whether we think we need it or not.

Nope don't see it!!

Had a little panic attack today clearing my wardrobe out of 16-18's.... I'm in size 12's, feels like I should be boxing them up as one day I'll wake up & be back in those sizes as I never dreamt of being a size 12. x

you have some big feet going on ;):D:D:D:D:D:D:8855:

That must be hard to get your head round Lucy - why don't you get something in a size 24 and put it on and take a photo as a reminder (let us see too)

There's an article relating to these kind of issues in today's Fabulous mag.

I'm 3 years post op and still don't think of myself as skinny. I don't think of myself as fat either though. I've managed to move away from that, and accept that I'm not fat. I just don't really know what to make of my figure now! I can't see what other people see, I can't compare myself to other people, and I have issues with the excess skin.

It's not an easy journey this, and the head side is taking longer than I thought. I lost all my weight in 9 months too, but caught pregnant at 8 months post op, so I didn't really have my body till 17/18 months post op.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I can see it and feel it! I'm still only half way but after losing over 6 stone I feel amazing and I love the way I look.
I remembered the other day, just over 6 months ago no trousers would fit me at Evans. None. Not the elasticated waist ones, none of the size 32s. I am now wearing 22s and 24s. There is a BIG difference in how I look.

Back