• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Clexane injections help !

amy_m

Hi I am still waiting for my surgery date. It was mentioned that as a bypasser I might have to have injections.

If I can explain thy I have a real issue with needles. I basically freak out and have a panic attack. tootle my surgeon about this but decided that the op is more important and I could put up with needles now and then.

I've read some post on here about Clexane which I've research and found them to be for clots.

Sorry for ranting on but I don't think I could inject myself over an over. Does everyone have to have the injections or just someone people.

X

Im not sure if i will be able to do them but if i can't my sis in law will come over and stab me lol, can you get someone to do yours for you ????

I'm ashamed to say I have given people bruises when they have tried lol.

I am scared that I will pop the internal staples if I freak out.

It's very very bad probia, I'm so so so worried now. I won't voice my worries to my surgical team as am scared that they will refuse my op.

X

As I bypasser, less than 2 weeks out, I (unfortunately) have to confirm, that yes, every morning, I do stab myself with a Claxane inhection :( Sorry hunni xxx

Kath do u know if everyone has to have them.

I know I just sound like I'm moaning but I rely do have a terrible probia.

Contests on ur op hope all went well x

Silly iPhone I mean congrats lol x

Hi Amy I think from what I have heard that everyone bypass and sleeve don't no about band has to have these injections. They stop you from getting blood clots. Maybe instead of mentioning this to you surgeon go to your GP and see if you can get some help to over come this fear. But pleases don't let this fear put you off because I'm sure once you have been shown how to do it and have done it a couple of times you will be fine. X

I had Fragmin same thing,Every day for a few weeks to keep your blood from forming clots,Its a small thing to put up with for the benefit of the op.lso you dont want to run the risk of a clot.They are very fine needles and put in at 90 degrees dont hurt at all.You pinch a bit of fat on your tum and pop it in,dont rub after as it bruises.Honestly once you have one you will wonder what you were worrying about.You can take them to your docs/clinic and get a nurse to do them everyday but its more convenient to do it yourself.They show you how t do it before you leave hospital.

At our hospital, you only have to do them for a week, and you can put them into your thigh.

Yes same here, you can have them in your thigh, it is 2 weeks here, I have a needle phobia but the district nurse has been coming in to do mine every morning, I finish Monday thank goodness!!!

I dreaded doing this but after the surgery it was a small price to pay....in the end I had to inject myself for over a month but I found it no problem. I put the needle into a pinched bit of fat slowly...not sore at all. Scared me thinking if doing it but not that bad in reality. Good luck!

It varies from surgeon to surgeon, not everyone has to have them but most do. I couldn't do them and couldn't allow my hubby to do them so went to the gp/walk in centre every day to have them done.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thanks everyone.

I've already been through the whole nightmare of trying to overcome it but it's too bad they called a halt to it, as my heart rate went up and blood pressure went down.

But the surgery means everything to me and I've worked so hard like all of us on this forum have so after speaking to my partner who kindly said he would tie me up and do it lol I'll grit my teeth and shut my gob and when the time comes get on with it. Even if if takes me half hour just to get the needle in.

Maybe it's a good thing and if I have to do it every single day for however many weeks might help me in the long run with my fear

Once again thanks all for ur comment an support

Xx

I had them for a week after my bypass, could not do them myself but my husband did them for me i didnt feel them at all.

Hey,

Just think if you don't go ahead with the surgery because of this and you end up with some kind of condition/ disease that you will need injections for anyway...

So in the end it's so worth it honey just keep your head held high xxx

When I had my knee replacement in July 2011, I was injected with Clexane in hospital but given the new tablets to take for 6 weeks afterwards. These can only beorescribed by hospital doctors NOT GPs and I had to pay for them £5 per tablet but it made my life much easier as can't self inject and husband nearly passed out at the though of him doing them

M

hi love, sorry to hear your so worried about the injections , i had them twice a day for 3 weeks ,just finished ,yippee,,,my hubby and 2 grown sons are needle phobic and couldnt do mine , so its surprising how you can do things when you have too,i think the best place is tummy . not near the ports , i personally never felt them there , but one nurse told me to do them in my arm which was very sore and went all lumpy , top of the legs fine to.if you really cant handle them,the gps nurse will do them for you but its a lot of running around after surgery for a few seconds of injections ,having said that ,i know my hubby and sons couldnt do them,physicly sick when they see a syringe ,x please dont worry ,talk to the doctors, and wishing you all the luck in the world xxxxx

I like the sound of the tablets instead. If one has a phobia they sound just the thing.

I don't have a problem with needles as I inject all the time anyway but I do have phobias and they are not nice. Was thinking though, I had to stop my daily aspirin while using claxaine and then went back on them again as aspirin are blood thinners also although not as strong. I am sure that the surgeon can come up with a suitable alternative for you. Good luck sweetheart.

I only had to do mine the nite before the op and then for a week afterwards. Good idea if theDistrict Nurse can come into you. Im a Diabetic so I am used to injecting. I can honestly say the worse one is the first. You dont know what to expect. If you are like me and have plenty of "meat" on you to grab then all the better. Take a deep breath and its in and you will be asking yourself why you got so worked up. Good luck and from someone who is 4 weeks post op it is a small price to pay for the bigger rewards that you will be gaining once your weight loss journey begins. Good luck. x

Back