• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Clothes Shopping

Kazzer75

Is anyone else really struggling with their wardrobes or lack of?

I have always hated clothes shopping, but I thought that losing weight and shopping for smaller clothes would be a bit more fun.

I am still struggling though.

I seem to have gone down 4 sizes on the bottom, but on 2 sizes on the top. But nothing fits me correctly regardless.

I am starting to panic a little as I go on holiday to Malta in a month's time and at this rate I will have nothing to wear.

I have got rid of my biggest clothes and I have been wearing some of my smaller clothes, but they are getting baggy now too and I don't really have any summer clothes in any size as I normally go out as little as possible in the summer.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about losing the weight at all. I am just feeling completely over-whelmed by having to get a new wardrobe. I had thought it would be fun, but its not turned out that way.

Also, perhaps I am a bit cheap, but I hate the thought of paying out for clothes that won't last as I still have a lot of weight to lose.

What have others done?

My real problem areas are my arms and all trousers that fit my thighs are way too big around my waist and belly.

Any help, suggestions or support most welcome.

Im like you!Shop in charity shops and ebay!
Buy elastic waist pants,or buy to fit your legs abd put simple tucks in the back waistband of pants/skirts.Bon Marche have loads of cheap pull on type pants/leggings and cut offs.

i agree with deets ebay is a godsend, always manage to find a bargain and you dont feel gilty as it isn't alot of money. also elasticated 3 quater trousers brilliant for warmer day for those who dont like shorts, some of the holiday staples are pretty cheap, like the vest tops. buy your self a few diff colours of them and maybes a few evening tops (try and stick to a budget then you wont be too dissapointed when you have shed more weight and have to discard them) saying that you could always sell them on ebay to pay towards more new clothes. good luck on your shopping trip and enjoy your jollys xx

I know what you mean. Its nice changing shape. I have always hated clothes shopping I am such a tom boy about time I showed the girlie side of me now. I own about 4 pairs of jeans and 4 t shirts and some jumpers lol. But now the nice weather is here I would love some nice blouses may have a look in tescos next time we go to the large tescos.

Jo
xx

Deets, how do you know what sizes to get though? I struggle even when I am in the shop to get the right sizes let alone off Ebay.

Forget ebay and the like. Get down your local shopping centre and go in the charity shops (no postage and packing), you can try stuff on in there or just have a quiet word with the old girl behind the till and explain your not sure it will fit as you've lost some weight, do they do returns? Nip over to your local supermarket and try some of their range on even just to give you a guideline on size....

I very rarely buy new, although i had great fun in Bristol in the Wallis shop trying on stuff i had no intentions to buy :) :) oh how the other half live lol xx

Funny you mention supermarkets. I tried some stuff on in Tesco's tonight. Found the perfect jeans. The 18's fit okay, alittle on the roomy side, so I wanted a 16 and low and behold...no, none available and they won't be getting any more. Typical. They fit very well and were very flattering. They were call 'Boyfriend' jeans. Makes me think that I make need to go back to wearing mens jeans again. I used to always get Gap jeans for men as I need a really low cut as my torso is shorter than normal. Nothing about my body shame is normal. I also got a top. Not sure if I will keep it though. Can't decide. So, mostly disappointed again. Will have to find a charity shop and have a go at that.

ive never had a standard body size - my ass and thighs are way to big for my frame, where as my waist is smaller (always a nightmare to get clothes).

Ive got a variety of clothes in my wardrobe from 18-22 so ive just been working my through them and seeing what fits. I try to buy stretchy clothes because they tend to see you through 2 sizes :D

x

Hello peeps, I may be able to help , I am a costume designer , and seamstress , if i can help anyone alter their clothes i would be very happy to help , i too am dreading this forever evolving wardrobe scenario, even with my skills ! this is by no means a tout for business, i just wanted to offer a helping hand.... i know it would be a false ecomony to alter a cheap item , but if you have some nice pieces and its worth investing in them , i can help out .xxx

I'm the same but I picked up some lovely cropped jeans from George yesterday. I struggle with Tesco clothes as they never fit properly. I don't know if I'm just imagining it, but Tesco and George trousers seem to be a very large fit at the moment, which isn't a bad thing as it meant I got into a 20 :) xx

Hello peeps, I may be able to help , I am a costume designer , and seamstress , if i can help anyone alter their clothes i would be very happy to help , i too am dreading this forever evolving wardrobe scenario, even with my skills ! this is by no means a tout for business, i just wanted to offer a helping hand.... i know it would be a false ecomony to alter a cheap item , but if you have some nice pieces and its worth investing in them , i can help out .xxx

thats a really lovely offer! may take you up on it! i can just about manage to sew a button on :D x

Back