• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Clothes shopping!

simplylucy

After years of being over weight and having a nightmare buying clothes I relished in the thought of being slim and buying whatever I wanted!

WRONG!

I'm now a size 6 / small 8.

Well that's supermarket clothes off the list for me, they are huge! I'm even struggling in basic shops like Marks and Spencer!

Next is ok but my account has already taken a good battering this last year!

I have however (much to the disgust of my 12yr old daughter) discovered the generation range in NewLook! Age 13 jeans fit perfect and age 12 - 13 tops! Now I just have to stop said daughter stealing my clothes!

I also buy Next children's clothes for myself, again age 12/13 ish. Problem is their ranges go from age 4. Was a little embarrassed whilst stood in a queue at Legoland and a 4 year old little girl had a matching hoodie to mine!

Children's clothes are so much cheaper though. On Wednesday in NewLook I got 2x jeans, 2x vest tops and a thick winter coat for the grand total of £23.

Now I just need to avoid the local teen population and hope my pre-school children don't turn up wearing matching Next clothes to me!!!

How cute is that....I'd wear those kiddie clothes with pride as you deserve it! Did you aspire to go so small and are you happy with your end result?! I have only ever dared dream if a 12..but who knows!!! x

wow xxxx

I had no idea I'd ever get this small. I always thought I was 'big boned!'

I have no hips, actually I have quite a boyish figure! No wonder I was so rubbish at pregnancy and childbirth, I was so tiny beneath the layers of fat!

I'm still loosing, really struggling to maintain which isn't good.

When I decided on having a bypass I set my goal at 12st 7lb and a size 14. How wrong was I?

I'm actually very happy, love wearing skinny jeans and being able to zip knee high boots over them! Have a range of jumper dresses to wear with tights and boots too!!!!

I love my bypass, I love the new me, I love my clothes.

I don't actually want to loose any more weight though and tracked my calories for the first time in months yesterday! Thought I'd pigged out but I'd managed a whole 1100 calories, must try harder!

simplylucy said:
After years of being over weight and having a nightmare buying clothes I relished in the thought of being slim and buying whatever I wanted!

WRONG!

I'm now a size 6 / small 8.

Well that's supermarket clothes off the list for me, they are huge! I'm even struggling in basic shops like Marks and Spencer!

Next is ok but my account has already taken a good battering this last year!

I have however (much to the disgust of my 12yr old daughter) discovered the generation range in NewLook! Age 13 jeans fit perfect and age 12 - 13 tops! Now I just have to stop said daughter stealing my clothes!

I also buy Next children's clothes for myself, again age 12/13 ish. Problem is their ranges go from age 4. Was a little embarrassed whilst stood in a queue at Legoland and a 4 year old little girl had a matching hoodie to mine!

Children's clothes are so much cheaper though. On Wednesday in NewLook I got 2x jeans, 2x vest tops and a thick winter coat for the grand total of £23.

Now I just need to avoid the local teen population and hope my pre-school children don't turn up wearing matching Next clothes to me!!!

Hey.

Try Matalan they go down to 8 in size for adults

Ben

Wow! I have made it into the 14's and Iam happy as larry bar the flabby bits! My 13 yr old daughter is now terrified that I will end up skinnier than her. I too have no bum or hips and my goal is a 10-12. People have started to ask what I will do to stop me getting smaller. Never thought that would be an issue :D For me though, it's time to tone!! xx

Wow!! I have always called myself big boned too. Being 6ft 2" and pear shaped, I decided I must be lol

Maybe I could go very slim too....I love the thought....But then at my height I need to get to Long Tall Sally's smallest size and nothing else lol....Or next I guess.

I loved your story :D

Sophie, my daughter is a 6 footer and a size 10, she buys nice clothes in the tall section of new look xx

Thanks for that Marie :) I would love to be like your daughter. People say to me 'You wouldn't want to be too slim'

I say 'Why?' lol

She was a size 6-8 but had contraceptive implant and gained weight, but had it taken out and now looks perfect! You can see pics of her on my FB, Her name is Sinéad Somerville xx

What a beautiful name! I will have a look :)

Thanks for that Marie :) I would love to be like your daughter. People say to me 'You wouldn't want to be too slim'

I say 'Why?' lol
What they really mean is 'you don't want to be slimmer than me...' :p

Yvessa said:
What they really mean is 'you don't want to be slimmer than me...' :p

That is exactly what it means!!! Lol

I am size 22 at the moment and have had fat friends telling me 'don't get any slimmer. You won't be you then'

I have to argue that point lol. I will be a slimmer, happier, optimised me lol

Marie: Your daughter is stunning!!! What a great figure and legs that go on forever! Wow!!

I am putting in my order with Heaven for that figure post op lol

Got to say since I was a 26 and now I'm 10/12 top 12 bottom,I can fit into some kiddies clothes,it's great being able to have the choice of clothes,and the cost being so much cheaper.

Back