• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cold

Kevin13

Is this normal I am always cold even when the weather has been hot recently I have just been warm. Today it was 17C and I needed a jersey! It has become a joke amongst friends and family but I am a bit concerned.

Kevin

From your sidebar would I be right in thinking you are pre op. I have suffered from the cold when I am slimmer, but never when fat. Have you been to your GP to check your thyroid function? An underactive thyroid can cause this and many other symptoms including weight gain. I'm sure you can find plenty googling, but here is the wikipedia entry to start...

Hypothyroidism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've been feeling cold since my bypass in June, like you even on the hottest day ive felt warm but not swetty like before or like others around me. actualy a welcome relief :D i asked my bariatric team the other day and there not sure exactly why it is.

I had my bypass in Feb and have felt the cold a lot more since.

The last couple if weeks has been the 'best' hot weather I've experienced!!

I have had the balloon since feb and I have went from someone who was always hot to feeling like I'm in the arctic when there's as little as a one degree drop in temp now. So you are not alone Kevin. Dreading winter time.

I think itsourbidiesadjusting to our loss of personal insulation layers. 2yrs out & I'm getting better but I do need more layers & wore my thermal vests from September to June as it was the only way to stay warm.

Back