• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

still freezing cold

SOON SLIM SUE

types with one finger
hi, i'v been off line for a while but every thing is back to norm now.
i'm 7 weeks post opp and i'm freezing cold, even with the heating turned right up. to get warm i have to wrap myself up in my snuggy blanket with my wheat bag. even at work i never take my coat off. is this normal? will it pass?

Hiya

I would love to say yes you warm up but I am nearly 11 months out and I am cold nearly all of the time. I used to hate the summer for the hot weather but at the moment bring it on at least I might be warm again lol. I think it has to do with losing the thermal coating that we have been carrying around with us.

Jo
xx

:winter_brr:Blimey, I could have written this! I'm constantly freezing and we never used to have the heating on in our house. It's now on, plus I'm wearing thicks socks and furry slipper boots in the house. I even have a hot water bottle when I'm sat down and I've started throwing my big poncho on whilst I'm round the house. My husband can't believe it as I have always been a fresh air freak with all the windows open. What really made him laugh the other day though, was when I was sat typing with my fingerless gloves on!

You are definitely not alone on this! xx
:winter_brr::winter_brr::winter_brr:​

Thank you for writing about this. I used to be a person who never wore a coat , constantly opened windows and threw the quilt off at night. Then I had my bypass (nearly 5 weeks ago) and I have been cold ever since. I'm cold in bed, cold in the shower just permenantly cold.

I used to permanently have a fan on at work, even in the middle of winter, now I have the heater on instead! I'm often sat at work with my jacket on which I never used to wear before my op. I was told by an American friend who had her op years ago that it lasts about a year.

I'm with you all here. The only place I feel slightly warm is the shower (but even then my fingers and toes are tingling). Still, better than being hot all the time!

I too am constantly freezing cold, not like me at all, hopefully it will only be for a year or so!
Bunny x

looks like i had better get some thick jumpers for the summer then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol.

Hi Sue have only just seen this thread. I am always cold at the moment but on milk diet to loose my 5% so I think that is why. You have done really well the weight seems to be falling off you.

Back