• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Colds and surgery

misscharlie

I'm totally panicking. I've developed a slight cough and my muscles are still aching. I'm wondering if anyone had surgery if they had a cold or am I going to get postponed? :( I know my health is way more important, but been cancelled twice, a 3rd time is going to be a killer! :sigh:

I'm totally panicking. I've developed a slight cough and my muscles are still aching. I'm wondering if anyone had surgery if they had a cold or am I going to get postponed? :( I know my health is way more important, but been cancelled twice, a 3rd time is going to be a killer! :sigh:

Hi there

Sorry to hear ur not feeling all that well. The operating team and surgeon will want you in the best of health and as far as I am aware they will suspend if you have a cold.

All the best - MeJulie xx

when i went to the hospital i had a really bad cough, and kept coughing up phlem, they told me as long as i didnt have a chest infection, or any other infection the surgery would go ahead. i damn well hope it will go ahead as i still have the cough its been 9 weeks now . and my op is in less than 2 weeks,

Miss Charlie protect yourself as much as you can now! If you have to stop work now then do it, keep away from any other germs.... You got time to kill the germs dead now xx

i damn well hope it will go ahead as i still have the cough its been 9 weeks now . and my op is in less than 2 weeks,

I hate to be a party-pooper, but you might want to get that cough checked out!

Regards, Ade.

my 1st band op was delayed by 1 month as i had a cold try get better soon x

Thanks everyone. My OH has been out and got everything under the sun for me. The cough is just a tiny tickle just hopeing it don't get worse. Fingers crossed I can flush it out. I can only try. Fingers crossed x

I braved it and gave Ana a call, who put my mind at slight ease. She said as long as there is no mucus in the lungs all should be fine. So fingers crossed. x

i got a cold a few days before my op and took lemsips and everything lol, long as the cold wasnt on my chest they gave the go ahead for my op, also i had a tickly cough as well, hope this helps xx

Whne i had mine i had lost my voice nearly and i was told as long as its not infected they all can go ahead.

Good luck xx

This is indeed very true. If you have a chest Infection it can interfear with the anesthetic apparantly. Gail x
when i went to the hospital i had a really bad cough, and kept coughing up phlem, they told me as long as i didnt have a chest infection, or any other infection the surgery would go ahead. i damn well hope it will go ahead as i still have the cough its been 9 weeks now . and my op is in less than 2 weeks,

The anaesthetist at my pre-op told me to get an inhaler from the Doc for my long standing cough. I don't have asthma but the doc gave me a Ventolin and a steroid inhaler to play it safe. The cough is much better and the pleghm has virtually gone after just a week of use. Just a suggestion.

Soupie.

Back