• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Coleslaw recipe anyone?

JO28172

Does anyone have a NICE recipe for homemade coleslaw?

Tried one last night with fage yogurt, Dijon mustard and mayo and it was rank!!!

Would to replicate the one in Damons restaurants but they will no doubt have a secret recipe!

Only criteria:for it to taste nicer than shop bought!

Damons one has more of a honey mustard dressing - perhaps pick up a low fat option and add that,with a little low fat mayo xx

Oh and Jamie oliver does a lovely 'slaw with a zesty orangy dressing which is def worth a google :)

i make a simple one of low fat salad cream, low fat mayo,carrot and cabbage..and a tiny bit of lemon juice x

Carrot, cabbage, salt, pepper, Splenda, (everything tastes nicer to me a little sweet), and low fat mayo. Nothing else.

Ooo that's good with Splenda....as you can tell I'm no chef!!!!!

I absolutely hate splenda, I can tolerate any other sweetener but not that one, so I'll leave that out of my quest for the perfect slaw!!!

This is a Jamie Oliver one, the red onion in it makes a nice change. I have to have the apple grated rather than sliced (struggle a bit with apple :()

½ a white cabbage finely sliced
1 small red onion, finely sliced
3 carrots, thinly sliced
2 red apples, cored and thinly sliced
1 small bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
A couple of dollops mayonnaise
1 heaped teaspoon English mustard
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

1. Combine all the ingredients in a salad bowl.
2. Have a taste and add seasoning as needed.

Back