• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

here we go!

Yes, I have quite a lot to lose, around 7 stone, my BMI is 43 I'm only 5ft 2 a small fry! I carry my weight well... All over that is :) but had trouble with the knees and a high BP, so the time has come to get my act together and stop this before it gets worse! What are you doing as the Pre-op diet? Mine is all food but low carbs, very different from the milk/yogurt diet. I don't think I could cope, good luck to all the girls doing the milk diet, better willpower than me!! :)
This site had been really valuable to me, I've learned loads of stuff to look forward to and be wary of too. We'll have to keep in touch, same day band buddies! :) I can't seem to send you a message from my mobile, it keeps coming up as access denied??? If you can send me, if not I'll give you my email address. Take care hon - counting the days :) x

I'm not sure we can send personal messages until we get to a certain number of posts (maybe 50 but not sure???). Maybe we should set up a 22nd October thread so that we can keep up with each other? I have to do the milk diet so not looking forward to it but it's only for a couple of weeks and will get me on the right track. I did Lighter Life for 8 months before so I'm sure I'll survive this!!! I'm supposed to lose around 10 stone to get to a healthy BMI but thinking I'll aim to lose 8 then see how I feel... Still a big-looking mountain to climb!!! :girlpower:

I'm not sure we can send personal messages until we get to a certain number of posts (maybe 50 but not sure???). Maybe we should set up a 22nd October thread so that we can keep up with each other? I have to do the milk diet so not looking forward to it but it's only for a couple of weeks and will get me on the right track. I did Lighter Life for 8 months before so I'm sure I'll survive this!!! I'm supposed to lose around 10 stone to get to a healthy BMI but thinking I'll aim to lose 8 then see how I feel... Still a big-looking mountain to climb!!! :girlpower:
Hi Gemby,
Great idea about the 22nd bansters, I can't work out how to view my own profile properly yet nevermind anyone elses!!! I am having my last big meal tonight, an Indian (mmmm), not starting the pre-op until 8th either, but want to start cutting down slowly so it's not too much of a shock to the system. I am on normal food pre-op that is a very low carb diet, so really feel for you only having the milk/yogurt. Really strange the way some people get told different things. At the moment I am waiting on my hospital pack and invoice to arrive, I have to pay one week beforehand and then attend a pre-op assessment.
Time is dragging so much, I feel as if it will never arrive!!! :-(

I know it's scary to start with using that app but you won't regret it in a few months time when you see a real difference!!!! Promise!!!!! X

SAS1 said:
Hi Gemby,
Great idea about the 22nd bansters, I can't work out how to view my own profile properly yet nevermind anyone elses!!! I am having my last big meal tonight, an Indian (mmmm), not starting the pre-op until 8th either, but want to start cutting down slowly so it's not too much of a shock to the system. I am on normal food pre-op that is a very low carb diet, so really feel for you only having the milk/yogurt. Really strange the way some people get told different things. At the moment I am waiting on my hospital pack and invoice to arrive, I have to pay one week beforehand and then attend a pre-op assessment.
Time is dragging so much, I feel as if it will never arrive!!! :-(

Hi!
How's the pre-op diet going? Am trying to cut down to prepare for mine but failing to control my cravings so far?
22nd coming fast now...Excited?
Hope u well

Sent from my Samsung galaxy note

Gemby28 said:

Hi Gemby!
How is ur pre-op going? I have the same as SAS1...Might sound stupid but is that all you are allowed? Milk and yogurts? Plus I bet they have to be zero fat zero sugar types?
Good luck for your OP...22nd is fast approaching now...
Keep well

dejnablue said:
Hi!
How's the pre-op diet going? Am trying to cut down to prepare for mine but failing to control my cravings so far?
22nd coming fast now...Excited?
Hope u well

Hi, it's going ok thank you. Trying my very best to Keep to it! I have always been an evening eater :( I hardly eat in the day with work pressures so by night I'm ravenous, I end up drinking about a litre of Robinson's in the night to stem the hunger then go to bed early. Tried this time to plan better !
How are you doing? Are you feeling hungry at all? Time is creeping up on us and it won't be too long now. Good luck hon, keep up the hard work! X

Hi Gemby!
How is ur pre-op going? I have the same as SAS1...Might sound stupid but is that all you are allowed? Milk and yogurts? Plus I bet they have to be zero fat zero sugar types?
Good luck for your OP...22nd is fast approaching now...
Keep well

Pretty much just milk and yogurt, yep. Having 2 and a bit pints of semi-skimmed milk, mixed with a bit of slimfast but not a whole serving. Then I'm having 4 mullerlights, my surgeon specified mullerlights as the best kind. I can have up to 3 pints of milk and 6 yogurts but by the time I've got to what I'm having I'm pretty dairied out!!

Only had three yogurts today and not quite 2 pints of milk as only just got in from work so messed up my routine a bit. Never mind! It's going ok so far, just kind of boring. Today was the worst day for wanting to eat something 'normal'. Everyone at work seemed to have something that smelled delicious in the microwave, how selfish!! =D

Good job I don't have that one to do Coz I can't stand milk unless it's a very strong hot chocolate( sorry shouldn't pb mention that word) plus I have IBS so dairy not the best for me...How have you been doing? Just hope it's getting easier with time ...
Take care x

Good job I don't have that one to do Coz I can't stand milk unless it's a very strong hot chocolate( sorry shouldn't pb mention that word) plus I have IBS so dairy not the best for me...How have you been doing? Just hope it's getting easier with time ...
Take care x

It's not too bad, just really boring. Had a hungry day yesterday but think it was head-hunger as was pretty stressed out at work. I really like milk and yogurt but I'm going off it =/ I did Lighter Life before and that's much harder!!

Other half is currently having a curry, smells gooooooooooood! I knew the weekends would be hard because I have nothing to keep me occupied. I keep thinking about something yummy I could have to eat to perk me up, and then realise I can't eat that. The way my mind works is messed up and trying to keep me obese!! Bloody brain <grumble grumble>

Oh yeah- I'll be doing a different pre-op diet to you. Milk and yoghurt for me! I wonder how they decide who does what? Where are you having your band? I'm with THG, Mr Super (awesome surgeon name imo =D)

i too am doing the milk yogurt b ut had eggs
no bread cakes etc
i have no op tomorrow at dolan park
with mr super
have to be there for 7 am
i am dreading it

good luck with yopurs

kay xx

misselvis said:
i too am doing the milk yogurt b ut had eggs
no bread cakes etc
i have no op tomorrow at dolan park
with mr super
have to be there for 7 am
i am dreading it

good luck with yopurs

kay xx

Best of luck! Am sure they'll look you...Hope to hear how you got on once you recovered a bit! Take it easy x

Back