• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

here we go!

hopefulmum

Well tomorrow marks the first day of my pre-op diet. I am getting a wee bit anxious now and thought this might be a nice way of relieving some of that by putting words how I am feeling so hope I dont bore you all!

So...my surgery is booked for 26th of this month and there was some conflicting advice between dietician who said 10 days and when I got my letter that said 7 to start diet?

I decided that as tomorrow is the start of a new week I would just start then giving me 9 days.

Today I went to the super market and bought myself eggs, nimble bread and bananas lol I have made a load of soup as well as I have to take lunch to work. I am doing the diet of low starch low sugar.

I am hoping that if I have breakfast and lunch the other way around then that would not be a problem as this is the key time of the day that I struggle the most with breakfast being the time at work that I guess I tend to eat loads and the wrong thing!

I have decided that if I do breakfast as 1 slice of bread and 2 poached eggs then this should fill me up and then at lunch time have toast with banana and a low fat yogurt.

For dinner I am going to have to think about for the week as I am not the only one in the house to cook for so I need to make sure I am eating enough that I wont get hungry. Finally I am gonna keep my other piece of fruit and have that at night time as again I tend to snack at this time.

Plenty of tea with my daily milk and gallon of water.

This is the plan, I will see how it turns out tomorrow when I have tried it for the first time!

So if you have any tips or if you have followed this diet I would love to hear from you.

I have not told anyone at work that I am having surgery as I feel it is not their business but I have been quite open about the fact that I am going on a diet and they all have to support me which they will be great for. I guess its just keeping the momentum going and not putting myself in the way of temptation.

The anxiety kinda surprised me as I was really excited last week now every time I think about it I get a bit worried, today I had hat was named 'the last supper' lol I had a lovely roast lamb dinner with my family as thats my favorite and they all know I am going through this and are being really supportive. I suppose I just have to keep really busy so I dont think about it and when I would usually sit and snack I need to get off my backside and do something! I have tried to find some projects that need doing like cleaning out the wardrobe or cleaning the windows so if nothing else I will have a really clean house...ha ha

One more thing, how often do you weigh yourself, did you take pictures etc?

Anyway, I am hopefully gonna use this as a type of therapy and write and update as often as I can, yes I am hopeful but I am confident that this is my time and I am so determined...

hm x

Good luck hopeful mum I start my pre op on weds doing milk and yogurt - not really looking forward to it and panic eating at the moment lol my op is day after yours, think I have most things just need pain killers then I'm good to go x

I feel like I am not that organised for hospital or after hosital at the moment what things have you done to get ready?

Hi Hopeful Mum =) I will keep reading this thread to see how you get on. I am not having my band until 22nd October which feels like ages! Inbetween I have a big work party, hen-do and a wedding. Then I am moving house the week after my surgery. At least I won't have to lift any boxes I guess. Good luck with your pre-op diet. I think knowing it's time-limited and leading to something so positively life-changing will help?? x

Yeah I agree with that, I know there is an amazing end goal. Wow you will have a very busy few weeks ahead of you, it will pass in no time at all!

lol! I dont know how they choose different diets? I am diabetic so maybe thats why they gave me this one? I dunno...just do as I am told! Also they whole 2 weeks/10 days/7days thing?

I am having my surgery by Mr Galloway at nuffield in Glasgow. I read a lot about him before I decided and having seen him I am really happy that he is the right person for me. He is very nice and understanding but also honest and straight talking which I really appreciate.

Just wanted to say good luck with your pre op diet hope it goes well for you. X

so day one nearly done...not too bad I guess just a bit hungry tonight as usually snack at this time...not on milk diet and really need to find something to snack on without snacking if that makes sense? lol

Tomorrow I have my pre-op appointment so kinda looking forward to that as well...its getting closer and closer now...

Evenings are a snacky time for me too. I've seen people talking about edamame beans as a high protein, low fat snack. Or maybe a fat free yogurt? Or carrot sticks with a low fat dip? I'm no expert tho so stand ready to be corrected =) How's your day 2 been? I think the first 2-3 days are meant to be the hardest so hope you're doing ok!

Hi hopeful mon, just things like peppermint cordial and tea windeze, pj's chewy vits soluble version of any meds that I take etc found 100% cotton pants in m&s so will get them at weekend.

Hows your diet going? Started my milk diet this morning and so far so good but it's not even 10 yet lol x

Gemby28 said:
Hi Hopeful Mum =) I will keep reading this thread to see how you get on. I am not having my band until 22nd October which feels like ages! Inbetween I have a big work party, hen-do and a wedding. Then I am moving house the week after my surgery. At least I won't have to lift any boxes I guess. Good luck with your pre-op diet. I think knowing it's time-limited and leading to something so positively life-changing will help?? x

Hi gemby, I'm also booked for my band on 22nd Oct, but with gravitas. Good luck with your Pre-op diet, and all the chaos in between, you look as if you have got your hands full!!! Time seems to dragging for me too, but it will fly by and we'll soon be fully fledged banders! :)

Hi SAS1!! You're the first person I've found who is having the surgery when I am, everyone else seems to be having it sooner. I start the pre-op diet on the 8th so only a couple of weeks away now. Getting nervous but trying not to think about it too much. I'm glad to have found you, hopefully we can compare notes as we go along =) Have you got much to lose? I have one of the higher BMIs I've seen on here... :-/ Good luck!!

Gemby28 said:
Hi SAS1!! You're the first person I've found who is having the surgery when I am, everyone else seems to be having it sooner. I start the pre-op diet on the 8th so only a couple of weeks away now. Getting nervous but trying not to think about it too much. I'm glad to have found you, hopefully we can compare notes as we go along =) Have you got much to lose? I have one of the higher BMIs I've seen on here... :-/ Good luck!!

Yes, I have quite a lot to lose, around 7 stone, my BMI is 43 I'm only 5ft 2 a small fry! I carry my weight well... All over that is :) but had trouble with the knees and a high BP, so the time has come to get my act together and stop this before it gets worse! What are you doing as the Pre-op diet? Mine is all food but low carbs, very different from the milk/yogurt diet. I don't think I could cope, good luck to all the girls doing the milk diet, better willpower than me!! :)
This site had been really valuable to me, I've learned loads of stuff to look forward to and be wary of too. We'll have to keep in touch, same day band buddies! :) I can't seem to send you a message from my mobile, it keeps coming up as access denied??? If you can send me, if not I'll give you my email address. Take care hon - counting the days :) x

SAS1 said:
Yes, I have quite a lot to lose, around 7 stone, my BMI is 43 I'm only 5ft 2 a small fry! I carry my weight well... All over that is :) but had trouble with the knees and a high BP, so the time has come to get my act together and stop this before it gets worse! What are you doing as the Pre-op diet? Mine is all food but low carbs, very different from the milk/yogurt diet. I don't think I could cope, good luck to all the girls doing the milk diet, better willpower than me!! :)
This site had been really valuable to me, I've learned loads of stuff to look forward to and be wary of too. We'll have to keep in touch, same day band buddies! :) I can't seem to send you a message from my mobile, it keeps coming up as access denied??? If you can send me, if not I'll give you my email address. Take care hon - counting the days :) x

Hi sas I too had 7stone to lose and after 5.4 still a shortie lol. My bulk was gone in 7months the last bit requires damn self control and hard work tho! Good luck with it and dare to dream as it will happen despite any doubts you may have lurking!

There's an app called body compare where you take photos of your progress its ace! Also def take your measurements because when there's no loss in weight it keeps you motivated when you see inches going instead...! X

dinkydink said:
There's an app called body compare where you take photos of your progress its ace! Also def take your measurements because when there's no loss in weight it keeps you motivated when you see inches going instead...! X

Just downloaded this app, now I feel totally depressed, you get a 360o look at yourself....yuk, didn't realise I looked so horrendous!!! Can't wait fitted op now... Counting the days! :) x

SAS1 said:
Just downloaded this app, now I feel totally depressed, you get a 360o look at yourself....yuk, didn't realise I looked so horrendous!!! Can't wait fitted op now... Counting the days! :) x

I felt exactly the same - but I look at it every so often as a reminder to shy Im doing it xxx

JO28172 said:
Hi sas I too had 7stone to lose and after 5.4 still a shortie lol. My bulk was gone in 7months the last bit requires damn self control and hard work tho! Good luck with it and dare to dream as it will happen despite any doubts you may have lurking!

Hi Jo, you look fabulous and having lost the same amount of weight I need to lose, you are a true inspiration! Congratulations!!! I've been warned that its going to be really tough and willpower will play a huge part, truthfully I would love to be slim tomorrow ( like everyone) but know its going to be a long and winding road. My surgeon estimated ill only lose around 4 st on average in 12 months then the rest is an uphill struggle I need to battle, but I'm a fighter!!! :) x

Back