• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Comfort Eating

Bullyfun

Since my op was cancelled last week I have done nothing but think of food, stupidly i had a blow out when i got back from the hospital due to usual reaction to being upset (eat).
Now although I am still losing and sticking to my diet im really really stuggling....
have found myself staring into the fridge on a couple of occasions...... Advice, motivation, tellings off all welcome... :sigh:

imagine you have had yr op and comfort eating is no longer an option. What you going to do then? Take this set back as an opportunity to explore yr emotions and relationship with food. turn it on its head and realise that you are in control not food.
Get a jigsaw and start that but only when you find yourself obsessing with food or a couloring book and crayons anything that will keep you occupied and away from the kitchen.
HTH
carole

Step away from the fridge, get yourself a drink, sit down and remember how well you have done so far and what more is to come.

Not long now, you can do it :D

Do as Carole said, turn this negative into a almost positive.

Stick with your diet, you know you've done fabulously and your family is so proud of your efforts so far. Ignore all the 'bad' food shouting at you from the fridge.

Get yourself on the phone and ring the hospital and start chasing your new hospital appointment right now! Don't take no prisoners, you're a great big hunk of a man and you are not gonna give into a little piece of cheese or chocolate or glass of wine or three... Keep the faith and be strong xxx

I know how you feel. I went straight to the fridge aswell, only thing was there was nothing in it exept yoghurts. I had stocked up for after my op, so i piged out on them.
I keep looking at before and after photos on here, that helps a bit, you could try that.
I havent got another date yet so i don't have to do the milk diet untill they tell me, next time will be the third time i do the milk diet, and it gets harder every time.
good luck sue.

empty the fridge of all rubbish food and dont do it.

a very good idea, if it ain't there you can't eat it, easy for me to say i guess now, cos i would have done the same before, all i can say is buddy, don't blow all the good work you've already done, yeah it's a setback, but we all have em, keep up the good work and i hope your new date is here asap

BULLYFUN mate, I know just how you feel. I've been craving a huge burger and chips ever since my op was cancelled. I did have a bit of a splurge and had a chicken, bacon and cheese panini when I had my operation cancelled but I got back on track very quickly. But I have been thinking about food constantly ever since.

I've not gone off my diet since. I just think of my new operation date and trying not to blow it. I so want to splurge and totally blow it though.

Have you got your new date yet? Just keep focusing on that new date if you have. If not, get hold of your team and tell them it would help if you had a date to keep in mind.

Keep drinking fluids. I've been eating apples to try and stave off being hungry and being food focused all the time.

You've come so far, don't blow it now.

Back