• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Coming Out

Clare Slaney

Hello Everyone,

I've been lurking on the site for some weeks, learning a lot.

I'm 3 weeks post RNY and still feeling fairly ropey. I'm part of some research at Imperial about how this surgery can help people who are type 2 diabetic, (and I had high blood pressure) but who have a BMI of below 35. Within 2 days my diabetes and hypertension disappeared.

The care I had in the hospital was great and the research team are fantastic - though I'm tired of having blood taken! - and I'm really looking forward to feeling better. A number of the threads on here have reassured me that it will take longer than the 2 weeks the hospital told me!

Good to be joining you here.

Hi and welcome hunni hope you feel better soon, I felt ok after my op as in I had no pain or sickness etc but I was just very tired due to not eating.

Like you Claire I have been looking on the site since my surgery - gastric sleeve 16/7/15 but had not written a post until now. I feel very weak and nauseous still 3 weeks on, is this normal? I try to take little sips all day but find it really hard I'm sure I'm a bit dehydrated. Sorry I didn't want to moan but please tell me there is light at the end of the tunnel. Glad I've had the courage to join the group now.

Hello claire, welcome to our lovely site
I was very lucky post op no pain or discomfort just wanting to sleep all the time!

hello clare, am so pleased for you that your diabetes and hypertension have gone. I am at the very start of my journey and I have high blood pressure so your post gives me hope. I hope you start to feel better soon. x

Thanks everyone, lovely welcome.

I'm exhausted and my pouch aches whenever I put anything in it and my ribs ache like hell. Sip sip sipping water and really bored with it. Waitrose protein drinks are my main source of protein.

Mrs Flump, I hope you understand when I say that I'm so glad you're feeling ill too - the women who had the op at the same time are flying through their recovery! It's reassuring to know that I'm not alone.

Hi Clare :) and all you other lovely newbies :) a great time to come out of the wood work and say hello!!!

I want to say a huge welcome to a fab friendly site....full of info and helpful tips, friendly ears and tons of support too....

Rest assured feeling better is a matter of time..... honestly I was 8 weeks before I felt back to normal!! but I am a bit of a wimp lol just take things slowly, follow the rules and get plenty of rest....

As always any questions just shout, always someone around day or night to answer or put your concerns at rest :) in the mean time ladies ....feet up and get stuck into all the diarys for tons of inspiration to help inspire you :) x x x x x

All the very best and good luck x x x

Welcome to the forum :)

Really sorry to hear that you're feeling so ropey; it must be bloody frustrating when you hear about people who fly through recovery with barely an issue. I guess we all heal at different rates and you just have to take it easy and not worry. It sounds like you're doing the right things.

Back