• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

complete newcomer help!!!

taral

Hello everyone,

I am completely new to this. I am not allowed nhs funding but my weight has been bad for over 20 years. I did manage a few diets over that time and of course it all went back up again. Now even my husband has realised that I need extra help. Recently I have been looking into either the gastric band or the pose. Iwould love to hear from anyone who has had this done and what it is like. I fear that my way of eating might be better suited to the band. Many thanks for reading! x

If you read the pose posts a lot of members seem unhappy with the results and wouldn't recommend it. I am bypass so hopefully someone will be able to provide more accurate info, but certainly there are many banders who've had amazing success

I agree, the POSE has dubious rates of success. If those are your two options, the band has better press.

I'm a sleever, personally.

I have a band so any question ask away

Thank you for answering so quickly. Do you recommend the band? I am afraid of the sickness side is there alot of sickness? Would love to hear everything that has happened for you!

welcome to the site

It might help you to read through banders posts - Mazza/BlueDiamond are amongst some of the very successful banders on here.

I have not had any so far. Go in the banders section and read through the diaries, Mazza one is titled: a healthy bmi under two years. She is a successful maintainers. I love my band, I am the champion at asking for doggy bags when out at restaurant now :p it is the best decision, my confidence is growing, my OH loves me even more happy all round xxx

hi tara,
welcome to the site hunny.
i am a pre-opper and have elected to have a gastric sleeve.
you need to go into the forum as there are many links for banders here.
excuse my ignorance but i don't know what a pose is?
you will find very supportive folk on this site as and i wish you success in your weight loss journey
jan xx

hello Tara, welcome to the site :) xxx

Hiya Tara and welcome :)
Im a bander only coming up to two weeks now but Im really loving it. Im still on liquids but have so far lost 15lbs at the moment have totm so not weighing myself till they're gone. Im loving it so far, no real hunger, recovery has been amazing and Im positive the band was the right decision for me. X

Hi Tara i'm DS so completely different to band and sorry don't know or pretend to know anything about it, but good luck and i'm sure you will find out exactly what you need to know :) take care x

Welcome n good luck on ur journey ;) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Good Luck with your journey.

Back