• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Complications after WLS

tracey1973

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has had any complications or regrets after having the surgery. I have read on this forum about the amazing results people have had but I want to gather all the information I can before making such a life changing decision. :)

Thanks Tracey, I too am very interested to hear about this.

I have an appointment with my GP tomorrow to ask for a referral but I want to go with as much info as I can. I haven't weighed myself for about a year but I'm pretty sure I am about 24st 7lbs too.

Hi ladies didn't want to read and run, but I've had no complications infact its all been very plain sailing

Thanks Butterfly Lady you have done so well, you must feel fantastic!!
I would do the World's biggest happy dance if I could just get under 20st, lol :)

I did have complications as have many others, take a look through the site. It's not all bad however & I wouldn't have done it differently.

3 years. 10 procedures. I have an appointment to discuss reversal with my surgeon tomorrow. I am officially 'throwing in the towel'.

Like butterfly I too have had no issues at all in fact my surgeon who I saw just yesterday said I was her model patient! Best news ever!

3 years. 10 procedures. I have an appointment to discuss reversal with my surgeon tomorrow. I am officially 'throwing in the towel'.

It certainly sounds like you have had far too much to cope with. I hope you get whatever is necessary to bring you back to health. You do seem to have had a very difficult journey and I pray you get some relief very soon.

Please keep us posted I was thinking of you earlier then saw your post.
Take care hugs

Not a complication as such but now I've lost 12 stone and just over 100% off my excess weight, the dietitians are telling me to put on weight!
The loss and transformation is actually incredible but the total head screw, body dysmorphia and malnutrition are hard to deal with at times xXx

My GP has agreed to do my referral, she actually seemed to think it was a good idea. She wants me to have fasting bloods done and to monitor my blood pressure for a week or so and then she'll do the referral. Happy but nervous is the best way to describe me at the moment :)

ThinnerJemima I am sorry to hear of the problems you'be had, I hope you get the outcome you want when you see your surgeon ((hugs))

ThinnerJemima so sorry to hear of your problems. I hope you can get some relief soon.

Thanks everyone for your comments! I hear a lot about body dysmorphia. Bit daunted by the prospect of malabsorption... but not daunted enough to stop me.

Tracey1973 - just read your update. Woohoo! One step closer! :D Do you know why GP wanted to monitor you for a week? She sounds diligent and like she is 100% behind you anyway so that's good :)

Reading this, it does give you some thoughts in the back of your mind about any complicatins, but I think it is a small percentage where is a problem. (at least I am hoping so) I have read a lot of positive stories so far whilst being a member of this group.

I had a sleeve and no issues...other than I can't stop losing weight! Good luck with your choices

Meg I think she wants to check my blood pressure at home for a week because I get white coat syndrome when I go to the doctors and my BP hasn't been checked for a couple of years. She says that if it is high it will need to be under control before any surgery can go ahead so it's best to check it now

:DIt's been a good day today. I got the referral I wanted, paid my holiday off, and a band that I love have announced they are reforming after 4 years on hiatus and have a new album out in August. Happy days :D:D

Ah thanks Tracey. My dad has white coat syndrome too! Hope the test proves that it's fine rest of the time and that you can go ahead.

Sounds like a very positive day indeed! Glad to hear it.

Back